Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Thumbs up Heat Out Under Layer

I was watching a video a few weeks back over on Enduro360. Chilly was talking about his under layer for a up comming trip.

So I did a little research on this subject and found postive remarks. Chilly mentioned that Cycle Gear carried this product line.

http://www.cyclegear.com/search/go#w=heat%20out&asug=

I used the base layer long johns and the crew short sleeve shirt under my riding gear for the race I did last weekend in Oregon. I went up to Sacramento Cycle Gear and bought a set. I found the gear in the road bike appreal section. I tried on the long john bottoms to ensure proper fit. The gear was on sale to boot!

My first impression was that I was going to "cook" in this stuff, being it was black in color, skin tight, but once I had the base layer on I walked around my pit area and I noticed right away this stuff was cool.

The fit is very tight, like a compression gear, very giving and offered very good flexiability. I wore this as my only base layer. My knee protection went over this gear and I also wear my chest protector under my jersey, for add cooling as well.

It did not take long for me my body to come up to temp due to the fast pace of the race. Not once did I feel restricted using this under layer once I had my riding gear on. After 3 hours in the saddle, with the outside temps were between 70-80 degrees with low humidity I felt great, tired, yes, but not over heated.

After the race when I was changing out of my riding gear which is 50/50 vented I noticed right away that my gear had absorb sweet, in some area it was like mud. My Heat Out under layer was WET! My skin was dry to damp, but mostly dry! I was amazed how well this gear performed. In fact my hydro pack area that contact my back, the thick padded area was wet from sweet.

I am very please with this gear, I feel for the cost and performance it exceed my expections. I am going to get a second set for weekend riding trips and will continue to be used as my base layer.

Thanks..

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals