Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Get one of these.

https://ziptyracing.com/products/gas...e-gas-ty-davis

Old 09-25-2019, 03:21 PM

I use a 1 Litre squeeze bottle. Just the right size for an oil change, no mess, no fuss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg squeeze bottle.jpg (117.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-27-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
The full syn 10W-40 is currently on sale for less than $40 for 6L.

I picked up a bottle yesterday, on sale till Sunday

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...re/348769.html

Old 09-27-2019, 03:18 PM

Heading to the dealers today to pick up my bike, it's had an issue at higher rpm that I thought may have been jet related, but even after trying multiple jet changes the issue remained.

Allegedly the dealer has fixed the issue, i'll find out early this morning what it was and check back in later.

PS: I'm not particularly a footy fan, but go the Tiger's
Old 09-30-2019, 06:44 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Saturday, I raced it (my Gasgas).
We (my club) held our annual national race, Kongsberg Grand National. 162 racers from 5 years up. I presume the oldest was 65.
This was the closing round of NESS (Norwegian Enduro Super Series). How did we come up with that name?

In the main 2 hour race we were 114, I ended at 93 total (18 out of 22 above 50).
After heavy rain for a couple of days, the track was transformed into mud at many places.

Great fun.

Our daughter Nora did her second race ever in the beginner's class. Her first one was in 2011, well before our granddaughter was born. Now, she's five and a half. The beginner's race is one hour long and is run before the rest of us tear up the track too badly. On her '00 RM125 Nora completed two laps, won the beginner's womans class and was very happy.

Nora on the old RM

After weeks of preparation of the track, doing the race administraion and the racing itself, and using the complete Sunday (and tonight) for repairing / cleaning / tearing down tapes and arrows, we are now quite exhausted, and tomorrow will be an enduro-free day. The first in quite a time

In two weeks time we will host the last race of the season, our club race. usually we are approx 50 racers there.

All images (more than a thousand) can be found here

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 09-30-2019, 07:39 AM

Thumbs up Anders! Great pics, good racing. I now go and have a look at the other plus thousand pics :-)
Old 10-01-2019, 04:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Good job , Anders! You Norweigans are a hearty lot. I mean that in a good way Congrats to your daughter as well.

RB
Old 10-03-2019, 02:52 AM

Picked up my bike from the dealers which is now running extremely rich. I explained to the dealer when contacted them originally about poor running that I had dropped the pilot to 42 from 45, main from 175 to 172 and down to 170(not much difference between the 172 and 170 so will stick with 172) and an NECW needle with the clip in the middle.

The dealer said at that time that they set them up 42/172/NECW clip in the center, so that's how I set it up when I delivered it back to them.
Dealer told me they changed to 45/175 no mention of needle, but he did tell me that it didn't have an NECW when I delivered it. I explained that it did as I bought it from Mick Hone and checked it before installing. He kept arguing emphatically that it didn't, quite rudely was over the phone.

So after picking it up it now has a 42/175 and an NECH needle which is 2 needles richer than the NECW, which probably puts me closer to the N1EF that was in it, which was too fat.

I rung him a gain today and he changed his story and said that's how they set them all up.

He said last Saturday that he was going to send my main and needle back as he couldn't find them. When I spoke to him today he said he had them there and that it was an NECW needle , and that his wife found them Saturday morning. I said "it's Thursday"(expecting that maybe he'd sent them), his reply "so what" "I don't have time to talk to you, set it up how you want".

Thanks for your help Laurie(Day) This gentleman is one of the rudest most belligerent pricks that I've had the misfortune of dealing when buy a new scooter.

I would be more than happy to speak to anyone who was looking to purchase a bike from this gentleman about his behavior......PM me.

Looks like I'm going to have to make the journey to Bayside for gear in the future.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Picked up my bike from the dealers which is now running extremely rich. I explained to the dealer when contacted them originally about poor running that I had dropped the pilot to 42 from 45, main from 175 to 172 and down to 170(not much difference between the 172 and 170 so will stick with 172) and an NECW needle with the clip in the middle.

The dealer said at that time that they set them up 42/172/NECW clip in the center, so that's how I set it up when I delivered it back to them.
Dealer told me they changed to 45/175 no mention of needle, but he did tell me that it didn't have an NECW when I delivered it. I explained that it did as I bought it from Mick Hone and checked it before installing. He kept arguing emphatically that it didn't, quite rudely was over the phone.

So after picking it up it now has a 42/175 and an NECH needle which is 2 needles richer than the NECW, which probably puts me closer to the N1EF that was in it, which was too fat.

I rung him a gain today and he changed his story and said that's how they set them all up.

He said last Saturday that he was going to send my main and needle back as he couldn't find them. When I spoke to him today he said he had them there and that it was an NECW needle , and that his wife found them Saturday morning. I said "it's Thursday"(expecting that maybe he'd sent them), his reply "so what" "I don't have time to talk to you, set it up how you want".

Thanks for your help Laurie(Day) This gentleman is one of the rudest most belligerent pricks that I've had the misfortune of dealing when buy a new scooter.

I would be more than happy to speak to anyone who was looking to purchase a bike from this gentleman about his behavior......PM me.

Looks like I'm going to have to make the journey to Bayside for gear in the future.
I'll be happy to give feed back on them as well, Laurie has been brilliant for me.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:19 AM

Interesting, 10 minutes after my conversation with the dealer I have 2 missed calls from Gasgas Australia I can't call back as it's a private number.