Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

A lot of people forget that KTM filed bankruptcy in the early 90s and then was bought out of bankruptcy by the current owners. They did a great job of building a good motorcycle when the Japanese brands were abandoning off road. They appealed to the core off road guy and they were the only company to do that.
Now they have competition from other Euro companies. I think competition is healthy for all of us. As an example, KTM is now putting lights back on the XCW models due to other companies putting lights on their bikes, just like KTM forced the Japanese companies to put premium handlebars on their bikes.
The orange motorcycle is an excellent motorcycle but ours is better. It took 15 years for the US customers to figure out that KTM makes a great motorcycle. I don't think it will take as long for us to convince buyers what a good motorcycle we have.