Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 PM

Default New to me 2002 EC250

I have some pics and questions that will I will update as I start to go through this bike. My plan is to get what I can ready before the riding season starts here in the cold north, although setting up the suspension and carb. will be hard since I don't know anything about the bikes history and what's been done. I can check sag. What is recommend for this year? I understand Sag is a little different on a GasGAs.
Here is the bike. It looks to me to have 2003-2006 plastic. There is a small dent in the pipe. Is a pipe guard a good idea? It looks like some people have them and some don't. In Minnesota we have some rocks, but it's not mountain riding.

The fork seals are leaking. What brand of fork seals would be best? They are 43mm WP forks. I thought about ordering KTM seals and bushings if needed. On my Yamaha I've only had luck with the OEM seals.

I was wondering about this steering damper and if it was a good mod on the 02's. I understand that the 02's were more stable that later models. Also I want a different number plate. Any recommendations?

What's going on with the gas tank. It looks like in has two gas tank holes that don't line up. Difficult during a race to fill up fast.

Is this a stock throttle linkage. It feels nice. Also, the brake switch is falling apart. Can I just use a bolt from my Yamaha brake line to replace it. I'm going to bleed the brake line anyways.

This opening in the "airbox" cover, is it because my subframe is bent?

Last question. On a lot of bikes I use the rub marks on the frame to guesstimate how many hours are on the bike. The other side isn't scuffed at all. Is this a lot of scuffing? The finish seems really tough. Also, It has an LT-racing sticker on the frame and I'm wondering if they did any work on the bike. Does LTR put stickers on the frame when they do suspension work?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. I'm new to the world of GasGas and pretty new to offroad riding and last year was my first year to try enduro's and harescrambles.