Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 AM

Default Gas gas ec200?

Hi , I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 gas gas ec 200 for 3500 bucks, I ihave never ridden gasgasand from what I hear parts are expensive.so basically I want to know if this is a good bike for the money?, does it feel underpowered? How is it downlow? So pros and cons please, oh and maybe if there's some must do mods let me know

Thanks, Keaton

Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 PM

Anyone, 41 views but no one has helpful inormation?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Hi ,

U should have some info in your mailbox - if not inform me .
Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 AM

Hi Keaton ,

EC 200s especially up from 2005 are very awesome bikes . They are very reliable and great handling bikes - of course u need to be some more focused with the clutch but that isnt any problem . They are light to ride compared to 250 & 300 and much easier to ride than 125s . Just update jetting with LTR-kit and add powervalve cover and splitstream and re-sprung your bike for your weight and u will have a fast,nimble and reliable package ! I wonder why soo many riders prefer 250&300 instead of this - maybe they havent got a chance to test them ? Go for EC 200 - u will like it .
Old 08-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keatron View Post
Hi , I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 gas gas ec 200 for 3500 bucks, I ihave never ridden gasgasand from what I hear parts are expensive.so basically I want to know if this is a good bike for the money?, does it feel underpowered? How is it downlow? So pros and cons please, oh and maybe if there's some must do mods let me know

Thanks, Keaton
It may help others to know your location. Here in the USA, parts are easy to get and comparatively priced. I buy all parts online/by phone. There are also cross over parts (see list on main page). I can't comment on the EC200 vs. 250/300. There are a few here with 200's that like really like them. It sounds like a decent price. What extras are included?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM

If it's in good shape, that's a great deal. Parts are on par with Japanese bikes and in some cases, cheaper. Parts are way cheaper than KTM for the most part.

The 200 makes alright low end power, but it really shines in the midrange and top end. Atleast my 2001 EC200 does. It makes reasonable bottom end, but it responds best to some clutch work and revs. It'll keep with my girlfriend's KTM250XC-W in the wide open stuff, and even pull it on the top end.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Hi Keaton ,

EC 200s especially up from 2005 are very awesome bikes . They are very reliable and great handling bikes - of course u need to be some more focused with the clutch but that isnt any problem . They are light to ride compared to 250 & 300 and much easier to ride than 125s . Just update jetting with LTR-kit and add powervalve cover and splitstream and re-sprung your bike for your weight and u will have a fast,nimble and reliable package ! I wonder why soo many riders prefer 250&300 instead of this - maybe they havent got a chance to test them ? Go for EC 200 - u will like it .
im a big guy, 6 4 250lb, i liked my 300 because of its bottom end, my 250 is ok too, albeit a little(obviously) less powerful
ive never had a chance to ride a gg 200 tho, i learned on a crappy old yami 200 that had seized half a dozen times, wed just pour oil into the jug and let it sit till it would break free with a kick, then fire her up again. i hated 2ts because of that bike, i spent more time walking it uphill in 1st with the throttle pegged than i did riding it.
but so far my experience with gg has blown every other bike ive ever ridden out of the water in every way, handling, suspension, power, and looks to boot.
the rumor about parts is just because theres not a gg dealer on every corner to offset the jap stuff. but go fasters has everything, awesome service, and super fast shipping. the pricing is similar, some things are more, but you definately get what you pay for with gg.
my old roomates honda and kawi were constantly needing some 200 dollar part replaced. as of yet the only part ive replaced bt both my gassers has been a clutch res rebuild, which was given to me by the bikes prev owner (thanks jeep!) so actually i didnt spend anything but time.
long story short, GO GASSER!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 08-17-2009, 04:03 PM

First off, don't belive everything you hear...go right to the source...give Go.Fasters or any other GasGas shop a call and get the skinny for yourself. There is maybe a handfull of 200 owners on this board, those that have them, love' em!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 08-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor

i've ridden most every 2t and 4t dirt bike out there. recently switched back to 2t, and specifically went for the gg 200. i don't mind winding the snot out of it, and wanted smooth power delivery (which eliminated the ktm), lightweight and nimble handling. it does not have the torque of the bigger bikes, but what do you expect from a 200 2t? it makes you more talented with the clutch - especially since i just switched from the super lazy 450 4t ...i ride mostly tight trails, woods, hills, etc. no open flat stuff at all....the only thing i miss is the ability to crank a big torque wheelie at will...
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
It may help others to know your location. Here in the USA, parts are easy to get and comparatively priced. I buy all parts online
so I'm in sooke, Bc Canada near Victoria
and has for mods it has been jeted, hype skid plate, fmf pipe, flatland guards. But it needs a new front rim, wheel bearings and brake pads front and back.

So I thought maybe I should tell u the riding I will be doing, it's very tight single track with steep hills roots and shit, so I need a bike that can handle on a dime and fchug up any steep hill I encounter

oh has anyone got anything from pacific gas gas? R they expensive?