Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 PM

Default Rekluse clutch cover rub?

Hello all. Was wondering if anyone running a Rekluse cover has any clearance issues? The stock cover was leaking so I shelled out the cash but noticed added noise. It finally got to me today so I dumped the tranny fluid and had shavings. Tore it all apart and on the inside of the cover it's got a groove wore in. I got the calipers out and the stock cover has more clearance. Gonna call Monday but was just curious. Like it needs a few more millimeters milled out. Didn't notice any marks on the edges of the basket or fiber discs. Thanks

Old 08-28-2015, 10:43 AM

an FYI for anyone with this issue, spoke to Danny @ Rekluse and he mentioned that there have been instances in the past of the clutch basket rubbing but they have been few and far between. After pictures and speaking with engineers it was up to me to either have them send another clutch cover or have my local dealer get me one from a 13. I opted for the oem 13 cover and Rekluse refunded the money. A big thanks to them for their diligence in resolving this matter. I have one of their auto clutches in my wr and they have always been customer oriented. I'm sure i'll spend more money with them in the future.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:21 AM

There have been instances in the past of the Rekluse clutch basket rubbing only for GG bikes or for other bike manufacturers too ? This bit of info would help others make a decision to go Rekluse or not.

p.s. what year bike are we talking about ?
Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Some of the older kits required the use of two thick cover gaskets.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:22 PM

my impression was that it wasn't gasgas specific. And the instances were very few and far between. The rubbing I had wasn't on the backside of the face but on the inside lip if that makes sense. And it was just enough to make noise and wear a little groove in the cover. It was on a 2012 250.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe enough slop in the mounting holes to where the cover isn't centered.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Default oil capacity with rekluse clutch cover

hi guys somebody knows which is the oil capacity with rekluse clutch cover ( total or the added capacity )

many thanks in advance for your help

ciao

corrado