Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
those are very good points. But the zoke 45's can be made very nice by a competent tuner. we are lucky here in the interior of british columbia,as we have a couple of shops that work magic with these forks!
Nice is a relative term. No matter what any good tuner does, they will likely never get a set of 45's to work as good as the 48's come stock, even after the owner spends a grand on a complete rework w/new internals etc. The technology in the 45's is just way too old and archaic. It's like trying to get a 32 t-bucket to corner like a 2012 ZR1 Vette. You can spend a lot of time and money trying, but the newer tech and architecture is still going to win the day.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Anybody know if you can swap 2013 linkage onto a 2012 to achieve the same seat height result? I'm kind of in the same spot as the thread poster, but have a bead on a 2012 I'm interested in...not so interested in the 2012 seat height, though (I'm only 5'6").
A qualified yes. The exploded part views have not been published but judging from the list of changes you're looking at pull-rods or a bell-crank at most to get the 2013 seat height. Supposedly there is new shock valving to go with the linkage change but that's a matter of personal preference anyway.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm going to go with the 2013 hope to have it home one day next week I have been on my TE450 husky for three years now and have not ever been happy with it. I always rode 2 strokes and thought I would give the 4 a try, it's a nice bike but not for me. I will post pic and a ride report on the new 13.
Thanks,Steve.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 PM

I have a fair amount of time on a TE450. Nice stable bike for faster terrain or more open trails but its like a bus compared to a GG in the woods.