Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM

I like the stock seat foam, but thats JMO and every a$$ is different. I think when a seat is cut on the top with angles like the GG, harder foam is no problem. My '07 by comparison was a hard conventional shape and was tough, replaced that with softer '08 seat.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Glenn: They can be bought all-black single-piece or with panels, color combos with panels, or single-piece, single color. PM me with what you'd like.
Finally finished install of the new seat cover I got from Steve (aka - twowheels)
Made by MotoSeat
Color is all Black and is one piece.

My only modification was to put a small hole in the cover so that I can now install/remove seat from the top...... Yeah Baby !!!

For install I recommend using an Air Stapler Gun. I got mine from Harbor Frt for $25 (good news is that the stapler did not break yet......)

Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default seat cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Finally finished install of the new seat cover I got from Steve (aka - twowheels)
Made by MotoSeat
Color is all Black and is one piece.

My only modification was to put a small hole in the cover so that I can now install/remove seat from the top...... Yeah Baby !!!

For install I recommend using an Air Stapler Gun. I got mine from Harbor Frt for $25 (good news is that the stapler did not break yet......)

Seat looks good! I agree that air/electrical stapler is the way to go. I would have been planning a seat cover if I was able to cut foam down...but since I don't think there is room. I will wait until it rips.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM

Nice work. It looks great. What size staples do you use?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgasgas View Post
Nice work. It looks great. What size staples do you use?
I mainly used both 5/16" and 1/4" staples. I am not a huge fan of Harbor Frt tools but I was surprised how well the stapler did work for this small project.

Originally I did try 1/4" staples in my hard hitting roof felt stapler and it was not cutting it for me. The air gun stapler put the staples in with no issues at all.

On a side note if anyone is interested in converting the seat bolt connection from inside the fender to what I did I would be happy to share. It was super easy!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM

Tried to order from MotoSeat but they were not familiar with GasGas and did not know if they had a template available. I have a 13 EC300 and wish to replace the stock seat cover with the red over black nonskid cover that you show in your post. If you can facilitate this process please let me know what the next step would be. Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDAWGU View Post
Tried to order from MotoSeat but they were not familiar with GasGas and did not know if they had a template available. I have a 13 EC300 and wish to replace the stock seat cover with the red over black nonskid cover that you show in your post. If you can facilitate this process please let me know what the next step would be. Thanks
Contact afterhourscycle.com he has been working with motoseat for GasGas covers.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Contact afterhourscycle.com he has been working with motoseat for GasGas covers.
Got it - shipping out in the am.

This just in - the 2007-2011 seat cover template is complete. Let the ordering begin ...
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
I mainly used both 5/16" and 1/4" staples. I am not a huge fan of Harbor Frt tools but I was surprised how well the stapler did work for this small project.

Originally I did try 1/4" staples in my hard hitting roof felt stapler and it was not cutting it for me. The air gun stapler put the staples in with no issues at all.

On a side note if anyone is interested in converting the seat bolt connection from inside the fender to what I did I would be happy to share. It was super easy!!!
I'd like to see

Was there any change in design from 12 to 13 apart from the seat bolt , is it a little lower
Old 04-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
I'd like to see

Was there any change in design from 12 to 13 apart from the seat bolt , is it a little lower
I will get you some instructions and photos today.