Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 PM

Default Breaking rear brake line

I have a 07 ec300 and am having problem breaking my rear brake line at slave cylinder. This is my first gasgas and I love the bike but I've broken two brake lines within a month and that's not fun a few miles in the trail. Any ideas what might be causing this problem

Old 04-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

How exactly is it breaking? Is it getting pinched or pushed by the rear shock/spring or being pushed by the engine cases? Snagging on trail trash??

I'd suggest putting the bike on the stand and running the swing arm through its range of motion to see if it causes things to go tight at any point.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:34 PM

It's breaking at the transfer from the fitting to the line (if that makes sense). There's nothing there for it to snag on and no way it can get into the spring. I'll put it on the stand tomorrow and make 100% sure. Is there any aftermarket lines out there that might be stronger
Old 04-16-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gower View Post
It's breaking at the transfer from the fitting to the line (if that makes sense). There's nothing there for it to snag on and no way it can get into the spring. I'll put it on the stand tomorrow and make 100% sure. Is there any aftermarket lines out there that might be stronger
Galfer make good quality aftermarket lines, contact GoFasters, or your local dealer to see if they can source one for you. Although, iv never seen nor heard or lines breaking at the join between the line and the fitting without it being a defective fitting fitting.. or having it yanked by something.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM

Just ordered a galfer line today so we will see if it holds up.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Make sure it's routed properly. The hose should not get in a bind when the swingarm moves up and down.