Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 AM

Default Stearing lock

Any idea how i can get a key for my 2002 ec stearing lock,the last owner lost them .
mick.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:54 AM

Check with your dealer or parts importer.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookeye View Post
Any idea how i can get a key for my 2002 ec stearing lock,the last owner lost them .
mick.
Hi Cookeye,

I am new to this forum, and enjoy reading all the GG stuff. I saw a picture of your 2002 EC with the SM wheels, looks really cool. I want to purchase the same (SM wheels) for my 06 ec 250, but am not sure whom to buy from. I am going through the exercise of seeing if I can convert my 17" excels custom made for my DRZ400, and I am working with East Coast Wheels. At this point in time, they are working on the machining of the hubs and making spokes. As you have went through this process, I would value your insight. I heard that Rad MFG also are making hubs and spokes, although I haven't verified, and I suppose I could buy the wheels from GG. What other adjustments will I have to make to run the SM wheels? I noticed that the brake lines are routed on the outside of the forks on the GG SM models, I suppose I could re-mount similarly. On another note, have you upgraded your ignition system (for road use)? To me the AC ignition doesn't have sufficient power to run the headlight, blinkers, computer, and taillight simultaneously, unless my 2k-3 ignition needs adjustments. Thanks, you input would be greatly appreciated and valued.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:46 PM

Thanks for your coment i just have to find a short fromt mudguard,
as for the electrics i think the uk models come with all the bits that we need its even wired for indicators but we dont have to run them, so cant help you on that, the head light apears to be ok too.

The wheels i got used from e/bay complete and ready to fit for £260 as new. It is fun and revs out so clean, it pulls around the 85 mph mark without too much bother.
The wheels origanaly came from central wheels uk
I wasnt looking to moto this bike its just that the wheels finished on e/bay about two hours after the bike and i just had to have them
I was looking for a KTM 200 but they all had huge price tags for old bikes with lots of hours on them.
I am a 4 stroke man but only wanted a small bike to replace my old trusty xr 200r nothing much available for the money i wanted to spend in the 4 stroke world, then this gas gas came on e/bay so i thought i would try it, if i dont get on with it i can sell it on.
It will be some time before i use the ec on the dirt and will only use it on the road for the odd blast as i have other bikes to play on ccm 404, Husaberg 550, xr200, yamaha rd 250, suzuki street magic 172cc,and some other less interesting stuff so it could be some time before i tell you how i get on with a two stroke.
I have my brake line on the inside as i am using all the ec brake parts the only thing i had to do was cut a small amount of the fork guard away so it didnt rub on the tyre/tire. i left the standard brake as the bike is so light and not very fast, it pulls up well on the road not sure how it will handle a track day, it might boil the brake fluid as everything is ment for enduro pace.
sorry i could'nt help you more.
i think you would be better off selling your suzuki wheels and just get new wheels so much less bother
Mick
p/s the side stand is now way to long