Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 PM

Default I wonder about the $400 Recluse exp for Honda working in a Gasser?

I've heard that Honda CR 250 clutch plates will work in a Gasser. Recluse makes the standard EXP for the Honda but only the much more expensive Core EXP for the gasser. Wonder if a guy could make the Honda unit work in the Gasser? My guess is you can.

Nate

Old 07-13-2012, 09:26 PM

I've wondered about that as well, but haven't looked into it.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

my 01 300 has cr plates in it.. there is a thread stainless cycle put on here about.. it works great..

if you can get the gap right, i think it would work also..
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 PM

You need to get the basket on the gear, which will be the big decision maker, and then set up the correct thrust dimension with a washer/spacer as Stainless discussed in the other thread. Get an old Honda basket and see what the hole pattern is like compared to a GG.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Im confused... I thaught the standard exp only replaced a few clutch plates and used the stock basket ? Getting the corect stack height should be the only issue.

Im interested in seeing if the honda one works, I'd like to have a auto clutch too but I wont pay 900ish dollars for one!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:21 AM

With EXP core 2,0 only one friction plate is removed and exp ring and center clutch installed. I think that you have to remove att least three friction plates and steel plates if you just add exp. That leaves guite much power to small amount of friction plates. I don't think that those plates or exp's friction section would last long... So not cheap in the long run...

Just my thoughts... I wouldn't try it... Gas Gas EXP = Honda 450 EXP

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTimppa View Post
With EXP core 2,0 only one friction plate is removed and exp ring and center clutch installed. I think that you have to remove att least three friction plates and steel plates if you just add exp. That leaves guite much power to small amount of friction plates. I don't think that those plates or exp's friction section would last long... So not cheap in the long run...

Just my thoughts... I wouldn't try it... Gas Gas EXP = Honda 450 EXP
Im not worried about a little extra wear my 03 still has the original clutch pack and im a clutch abuser lol.
I know a couple of guys that had dyna rings (pretty much the same thing) in their big ktms and 450 hondas for a couple of years without wearing them out.
Im sure you could burn one up in a hurry if you left your bike in 3rd or 4th gear and did alot of super slow riding lol.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Im not worried about a little extra wear my 03 still has the original clutch pack and im a clutch abuser lol.
I know a couple of guys that had dyna rings (pretty much the same thing) in their big ktms and 450 hondas for a couple of years without wearing them out.
Im sure you could burn one up in a hurry if you left your bike in 3rd or 4th gear and did alot of super slow riding lol.
i am not hard on a clutch either.. i tried to put a dyna ring in my 01 and could never get it to work right.. i could make it work as an auto, but not as a manual so i had no over ride.. we tried everything, even to the point of me sending my complete clutch to them..
i rode with it about 3 times and took it out. they refunded my money.. i put the original clutch back in it the oil was full of clutch fiber residue..
i think they machined my clutch basket also, as the factory clutch did not work that great either, and it worked perfect before.. the cr conversion has mine working great..