Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:48 PM

Default 2018 EC300 no spark?

It has been a few weeks since I last rode my bike. Its a 2018 EC300 with 55hrs on it. I've had a brand new Lectron Billetron Carb sitting in a box for the bike. Over this past weekend I had some free time so I decided to install the Lectron Carb onto the bike. I put the new carb on and tried to start the bike. The engine would turn over but I'm not getting a spark. I checked several of the electrical connections to make sure everything is plugged in correctly. I figured it was the coil, so I ordered a new one along with the diode next to the starter relay. I checked the fuses in the starter relay and they looked good still. I unplugged the kill switch to rule it out. Today, I got in the new coil with spark plug cap, and diode. I put on these new items and a new spark plug on the bike and tried to start it, but still no spark. I am now thinking it is my stator or cdi box? Got any suggestions? I've checked the stator wires at the electrical plug with a voltmeter and I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. There's a four prong plug and a two prong plug. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!

Picture from another thread with possible similar issues...

Old 03-24-2022, 06:48 PM

This may be a simple short.

You did not have this issue before installing the Lectron.

In a addition to your kill switch, check your lights, horn, & wiring harness integrity.

I recently had a 'no spark' issue & it turned out it was the horn connection. I unplugged the horn & spark returned.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:54 PM

This may be a simple short.

You did not have this issue before installing the Lectron.

In a addition to your kill switch, check your lights, horn, & wiring harness integrity.

I recently had a 'no spark' issue & it turned out it was the horn connection.

I unplugged the horn & spark returned. I have no idea why this happened. Plugged the horn connection back in & everything back to normal.
Old 03-27-2022, 07:08 AM

I'm thinking it my be my stator. Does anyone know which color wires I could test for resistance and what the measurement should be? My battery hasn't been charging while riding my bike for a while now. I usually just top keep it topped of while the bike is in storage with a charger. My lights haven't been working for about 20 hours now too. Ive got the horn and lights unplugged. It seems I can only order a stator flywheel combo from Rieju.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:36 AM

On my bike the wires coming from the stator are red, blue, white, grey, yellow, and brown. I tested the red and blue together and got 15.6 ohms. Then I tested the white to grey and got 96.0 ohms. Lastly I tested the yellow to brown and got 1.0 ohms. I tried to test the yellow to a ground and it read open line or open circuit. Am I doing this right? Looking at the resistance readings, do you guys see a problem with my stator readings? Looking at the service manual for my bike online, it shows red, green, black, white, and yellow for the different color wires. I was unsure as to which color wires to test. Can anyone make sense of this?