Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 06-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I ran the MX 31's front and rear at the Idaho City National this weekend. It was horrific conditions and the tires were stellar.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM

I have been running trials tires for years and love them.
I had planned on running a trials tire with a Tubliss but by the time I got around to mounting the Tubliss winter and the wet season was almost upon me so I mounted a cheap knobby with it instead. I like this combo for the conditions which I ride the most: steep, somewhat rocky, good dirt with some clay and lots and lots of leaves. Trials tires (or any knobby with close knobs) are at a disadvantage on wet clay or deep leaves. When the clay dries up in the summer and the leaves are gone from the hill climbs I may switch back to the trials tire but maybe not. The knobby doesn't do nearly as well on worn in trails but is a lot more predictable in faster turns. The extra grip and flexibility of the trials tire can be mimicked somewhat with a knobby by running very low pressure and the Tubliss allows you to do that safely. I've run 2-6 pounds of air in my knobby ever since I mounted it with my Tubliss six months ago and I average riding 4-5 hours a week. Not one pinch flat in that time and pinch flats were a major problem for me before the Tubliss. I ran 8-11 pounds of pressure in heavy duty tubes before.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Just thought I would chime in here. I have been running the Pirelli MT-43 for 3 years now. I have tried the X-11 and D803 as well.

For me, the big advantage of the stiffer sidewall MT-43 is that you can still ride it in the corners similar to a knobbie. It does not role in the corners like the softer X-11 and D803. The grip is not quite as good as the 2 others, but it is a minimal difference.

I run heavy duty tubes and until last weekend have never flatted, but I simply got too cocky. I ran very low psi in fast imbedded rock terrain.

Great tire and IMO it is one of the best "mods" I have ever done.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:25 PM

I've been running the Mitas for a few years now and like it a lot. I can't wait to try it with a Tubliss at less than 7 PSI like I run with a tube. The Tubliss was great with an MT-16 knobby and really made me a believer.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Mike,

I am curious to get your opinion on trials with tubliss vs knobby with tubliss. What are the pros and cons of each? Would there be much advantage to the trials with tubliss? I have a brand new set of s-12's, a dunlop 803, and a perelli mt-43, and am trying to decide which is the best nw setup.