Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Default Rather strange problem on the 11 300 six days

I just got home from a week of golf, fine dining and seeing the kids and grandkids in Tucson. When I went down stairs to the "man cave" I smelt gas, when my wife came down she smelt gas...so I go out to the garage in the basement to see what was leaking. I checked all the cans and bikes, everything seemed sealed and no obvious leakage from the bikes, mowers, weed wackers or generators.

Today, after work I went down to the garage and didn't really smell gas but my plan was to pull the GG outside, start it up and check for a voltage that I could hook the Trail Tech GPS up to. I pull the bike out and put it on the side stand. I went back in the garage to get the lift stand. When I came back out I noticed gas dripping. It looked like it was dripping off the petcock. Just had a little bit of gas in the tank and I put it on the lift stand. It quit leaking....
I started it made my checks and killed the motor. I took it off the stand and put it on the side stand and it started leaking again and that is when I saw it!
The tank is cracked, its about a 2.5 inch crack that starts about 2 to 3 inches above the petcock. Called my dealer, Bill at Dirt Bike Supply and he said he'd get one moving this way. He offered to take it off a new bike but I told him I could wait as I have house painting duties this weekend.

Anybody else see anything like this? It seems like I read somewhere that some one had a cracked tank....