Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:20 PM

Default New cyl/top end, need help.

Hey all. I posted in the wanted section about needing a cylinder and got a re-plated one with a matched piston from SMS.

My question (for now) regards the installation of the power valve. I have it all together and on the guilletine (spelling) valve It has a little ridge on one side. I have it in there with that side up and the smooth side down. Is that correct?

Also it doesnt move that much in there, is that correct?

I have never messed with a power valve before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am sure there will be more. Thanks to any and all that help. Gotta race next weekend!

Old 05-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Nobody?

Have I not made enough posts here or something?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:00 PM

http://www.gasgasrider.org/pv_disassembly_mattr.pdf
thats as useful as i can be, someone more experienced will post, just give it time

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 AM

Thanks alot for that. Ive already assembled the bike and as I look over this illustration I see where it has the PV lever plate with the threaded stud towards the front of bike. I installed mine with it towards rear and everything lines up and functions.

Is it possible the pic is just wrong?
and

From what ive learned you cant install this assembly wrong. Like things wouldnt line up.

I appreciate the help so far.