Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM

Sleek.

I hope I get over this multi-month illness so I can justify buying one this season. No health. No bike.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Sorry, guys. I'm still in the airport in Atlanta. I tried downloading a couple last night but I'm having some kind of problems with the pics in my computer. The pics I have now are just of the items that have been changed. I am supposed to receive high res photos of the bike on Monday. The photo posted here looks like our bike.

BTW...I was told that the frame behind the steering head was changed to give 6 degrees more turning. I tried measuring the frame with a precision instrument (my index finger) but could not tell any difference but when you push the bike you can definitely tell it turns farther.

I'm pretty sure the new plastic will fit the old bike. I brought a set of rad shrouds with me to put on my '12 so I will know soon.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM

No need to be sorry Clay, you contribute a hell of a lot here. Glad you beat the riots!

Yeah, it would have to be the frame or the clamps. Easier to change the profile of the tubing (flatten) than clamps.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
No need to be sorry Clay,
[whisper]Dude. A sorry Clay is a responsive Clay[/whisper]
Old 07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
[whisper]Dude. A sorry Clay is a responsive Clay[/whisper]
LOL!
Rick......I believe you should be appointed the official GGRC Comedian!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 PM

i see they have a cast alloy support on top of the subframe and some nice frameguards.
when will these part be available to order ?
can you sweettalk them into doing an upgrade kit for the 12 bikes clay , at a much reduced price of course

Last edited by Diggs345; 07-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
i see they have a cast alloy support on top of the subframe and some nice frameguards.
when will these part be available to order ?
can you sweettalk them into doing an upgrade kit for the 12 bikes clay , at a much reduced price of course

It may be a bit before these parts are available because they are using the parts to build as many bikes as possible.
Even though this problem with the '12 model were self inflicted it still caused serious cash flow issues for the factory and for us. Someone posted on another thread that "we should offer some nice rebates on the '12s". We lost money in 2011 due to the currency exchange issues but made a little money on the '12s we sold. For us giving that money back in rebates is not possible. I think the factory may have the same problems.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I was at the factory today and saw the 2013. I should have pics of it on Friday. Lot of little changes but mainly to the plastic. Seat has a bolt on top again. The battery box attaches to the seat so it is out of the way now. There is a bolt through the bottom of the rad shrouds now and the plastic is much stronger. The seat feels softer. Tighter turning radius. We dropped the Renthal Twinwalls for a tapered bar (forgot the brand). 50 tooth rear sprocket.
New engineers at the factory who replaced the one who screwed up the airbox on the '12s. (I think those guys were shot!) They have been working on a lot of quality control type issues that should make for a better finished bike.
I will post the pics when I get them later this week.
Clay
This is good news. I'm sure the Renthals are a fine bar for MX or for factory GNCC riders, but any bar that comes with a cross bar becomes problematic for the average guy, as it makes it much more difficult to mount extras such as Hand guards, GPS's etc., etc., etc.

Can these Renthals on the 12's be safely run without the crossbar? (I don't do MX or any hard jumps etc.)
At this point it looks like my only option for handguard mounts is the Fastway handlebar clamp, or something I fab up myself.......
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beejay3 View Post
This is good news. I'm sure the Renthals are a fine bar for MX or for factory GNCC riders, but any bar that comes with a cross bar becomes problematic for the average guy, as it makes it much more difficult to mount extras such as Hand guards, GPS's etc., etc., etc.

Can these Renthals on the 12's be safely run without the crossbar? (I don't do MX or any hard jumps etc.)
At this point it looks like my only option for handguard mounts is the Fastway handlebar clamp, or something I fab up myself.......
JCR Honda runs their Baja bikes without the crossbar and I think Renthal also says you can but might weaken the bar in a rough crash .
Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beejay3 View Post

This was a request by Steve Beane at Plus One sometime last year so he gets the credit for this.
I have seen a few guys run the Twinwalls w/o the crossbar but I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. I would not recommend it. Enduro Engineering makes handguards that will work with the Twinwalls.