Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Default How can I figure out exactly which model bike I bought??

Hello to all,

I purchased two gas gas motorcycles in the beginning of last summer one to ride and the second for parts. I was under the impression I purchased a 2000 250ec but I am not so sure anymore and when I asked the local dealer who used to sell gassers back in the day if he could tell me by the vin # the year and model he told me that I cannot go by the vin #'s because they were never correct back then ... Ok so I am in the process of doing a top end, cleaning the power valve ( never ever done barely moved ) and fixing all the other issues but I do not know what bike I even have to be able to order the correct parts??? Can someone please guide me ... I have been searching the forum for a while now but haven't figured out how to tell what bikes I have at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. they both have wire looms coming out at 10 o'clock position by the flywheel cover. I think at least one is pre-2000 because of everything I read on the forum about stamped #'s etc?.. Thank you ..

Don