Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 06-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hey Ken I haven't been on here in a while, no riding for 2 weeks, just taking a break while I can, its gonna get busy for me again soon.
Les has set up my suspension on all my machines and does it well. I've said it before and I'll say it again he is the only suspension tuner that has ever called me to see what I thought after he has worked his magic and still does so to this day. Now thats service!

I only had my forks done at the time of the fun run and they were nearly perfect once I tightened up the rebound 2 clicks. I did have a small issue with bottoming once in a while on fast G outs or square sided ditches and he said he would raise the oil level and that should alleviate that.

He did the shock now and added fluid to the forks and many other things to get my machine back into tip top shape and I should be picking my bike up tonight. I really neglected my suspension maintenance so just clean oil would have probably made a huge difference. but I'm sure my new valving and springs will take it to the next level. Should be going out for testing this weekend.

How was your set up Ken?

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Hey Ken I haven't been on here in a while, no riding for 2 weeks, just taking a break while I can, its gonna get busy for me again soon.
Les has set up my suspension on all my machines and does it well. I've said it before and I'll say it again he is the only suspension tuner that has ever called me to see what I thought after he has worked his magic and still does so to this day. Now thats service!

I only had my forks done at the time of the fun run and they were nearly perfect once I tightened up the rebound 2 clicks. I did have a small issue with bottoming once in a while on fast G outs or square sided ditches and he said he would raise the oil level and that should alleviate that.

He did the shock now and added fluid to the forks and many other things to get my machine back into tip top shape and I should be picking my bike up tonight. I really neglected my suspension maintenance so just clean oil would have probably made a huge difference. but I'm sure my new valving and springs will take it to the next level. Should be going out for testing this weekend.

How was your set up Ken?
It was pretty good but my rear shock looses it's dampening when i push it hard. This is why i sent it to him to start with. Unfortunately I broke 2 bones in my foot so i now have plenty of time to send it back to him for repair.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Wow! sorry to hear about your foot man!
I know the feeling, I have real bad luck when it comes to feet and toes, so far so good this year though. I hope its not too bad and recovery will be fairly quick with no surgery. Was it something you kicked or got you foot wedged into, or a wipe out? Stumps and rocks crushing my feet between the pegs are usually how I get messed up.

Ya get the shock back to Les and hell make it right for you. I wonder what's going on with it.

Did you get your jetting sorted out?

Heal fast so you can get back out there pain free.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Wow! sorry to hear about your foot man!
I know the feeling, I have real bad luck when it comes to feet and toes, so far so good this year though. I hope its not too bad and recovery will be fairly quick with no surgery. Was it something you kicked or got you foot wedged into, or a wipe out? Stumps and rocks crushing my feet between the pegs are usually how I get messed up.

Ya get the shock back to Les and hell make it right for you. I wonder what's going on with it.

Did you get your jetting sorted out?

Heal fast so you can get back out there pain free.

Roscoe
I basicaly kicked a big rock a 30 mph.I am hoping it should only be a month or so for recovery. I had RB-DESIGNS do there carb mod and it seams to have taken care of the jetting problems.