Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 AM

Default Dealer question - software tools

Yesterday I called a local Honda dealer (who sold Doug Henry his first bike). Great shop, great people, good friends.

I was looking for the PWK rebuild kit. My buddy looked it up and said no it's not in stock, he could order it, followed by a line I've heard so many times in more than one shop. "I haven't sold one in xx months".

So, his software tells him how long since he last sold one. Does it tell him how many times he looked it up and saw that he didn't have one to sell? I always forget that comeback line.

Just wondering...
It seems like such a flawed thing to say to a hungry buyer.

-Dean
not a MBA

Old 07-16-2011, 06:31 PM

That would definitely be a good question to ask those guys when they hit you with that line....
Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogroove View Post
Yesterday I called a local Honda dealer (who sold Doug Henry his first bike). Great shop, great people, good friends.

I was looking for the PWK rebuild kit. My buddy looked it up and said no it's not in stock, he could order it, followed by a line I've heard so many times in more than one shop. "I haven't sold one in xx months".

So, his software tells him how long since he last sold one. Does it tell him how many times he looked it up and saw that he didn't have one to sell? I always forget that comeback line.

Just wondering...
It seems like such a flawed thing to say to a hungry buyer.

-Dean
not a MBA
most inventory software will let you post a "lost sale" if who ever looks it up does so.. ours counts 2 losts sales as one real sale..