Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Okay - I undeleted it.

I just had to delete another post and went around and cleaned things up - the one before it was rude - so yours got taken out in it's wake.

I don't like having to moderate posts.... Please read the following :

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16896

If you want to discuss it further - send me a PM. Or if you want to discuss it publicly - reply to my thread "The Rules, etc."

jeff

Old 03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well. It looks like it was my post deemed 'rude' and was deleted moto7. Personally, I think the deletion was rude. But, there I go again. Being rude.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Yep - saying "well are ya? - well are ya?" is a tad on the rude side - I only deleted the second "well are ya?" And I deleted the post from moto7man who piled on.

Like I said in my other posts - this is *not* a soap opera - don't stir shit up and show disrespect to others - particularly given that this is the new rep for gasgas trying to be positive about the brand.

By the way, if you think I am being biased - you are very wrong. I don't have a dog in this fight at all. I don't own a gasgas. I stepped away from participating in this website after my open heart surgery a couple of years ago. Right now - I have stepped back in and I am looking at the posts with some scrutiny since there has been some mudslinging going on.

There is not complete freedom of speech here. There is a user agreement that bounds the discourse - nothing that is hateful - which I interpret into my Rule #1 - "It's okay to attack and idea, it is not okay to attack a person (or company)".

I am asking that everyone be respectful - is that too much to ask?

jeff
Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well are ya. Are you serious? The intention was one of anticipation much like a child anticipates a destination ie are we there yet? I am racing rad dad and had looked forward to the demo rides.

I do have a dog in this fight. I do own two gasgas and race weekly. I have the right to ask and hopefully without someone lurking and editing my questions to their liking under the guise of 'rule number 1'

I call foul. Call us on it. Discuss it with us. Yes.
Deleting according to your interpretation. No thanks.

Bye guys. Got a feeling im headed to the naughty corner.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Thanks for your consideration.

Jeff
Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Btw I am deleting more serious posts from others and you and moto7 are collateral damage.

I am being very strict because I have dealt with an ugly distributor change in '02 where it got out of control.

If you can't deal with rule #1 and my interpretation of it. No big deal to me. Just let me know that you no longer want to abide by the user agreement. I will then delete your account.

It is up to you.

Jeff
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwdc View Post
Well are ya. Are you serious? The intention was one of anticipation much like a child anticipates a destination ie are we there yet? I am racing rad dad and had looked forward to the demo rides.

I do have a dog in this fight. I do own two gasgas and race weekly. I have the right to ask and hopefully without someone lurking and editing my questions to their liking under the guise of 'rule number 1'

I call foul. Call us on it. Discuss it with us. Yes.
Deleting according to your interpretation. No thanks.

Bye guys. Got a feeling im headed to the naughty corner.
With all due respect to everyone, I agree with Bkwdc. I like everyone on the board and my comment regarded a "service"(the prior demo rides) that isn't going to be continued and it wasn't an attack on a "person". Imho, if there are deletions and edits to "undesired" posts under "rule number 1" then a lot of members may not post or even return to the board. I think that would be very unfortunate for everyone. This is just my 2cents and I'm not trying to cause trouble for anyone.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 03-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Administrator

I sent you a PM.

jeff
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM

I think we owe it to Rod to be a bit patient as he comes on board. He's got a big job ahead of him. I know Rod and believe me he wants to make this successful probably more than anything he has ever taken on. The track record for GG in the US has not been stellar to say the least. We know the bike is good, I know Rod pretty much eats, sleeps and breathes motorcycles and he is as passionate about GG as anyone here.

I am sure that, had there been a full cadre of bikes to demo, there would be more of a push from US GG management to get them out to the prospective buyers.

All of us want this to work, especially Rod, so lets give him time to get a business plan together.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Congratulations and thanks to the following GG riders for representing the brand at the opening round of the 2014 AMA National Enduro series in SC last weekend!

David Barnes, Jesse Keith, Dallas Taft, Fabrizo DI Stefano, Tim Loen, Sam Gross, Mike Reynolds, Mike Hauptkorn, David Kiesow, Brad Wilkerson,
Sam Markley, Brett Bavisotto, Ryan Seitzinger, Patrick Jones, Grant Grumke, Robert Osbourne and Tim Hemstreet.

Sorry if I missed anyone, and thanks again from everyone at GasGas Motos North America.
Thanks for the recognition Rod!

Ryan