Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Default long shot... who's bike was this?? (EC250 Delano, MN)

Bought a bike off of E-Bay, 2004 EC250. Happy to say it is the 2nd in my fleet. Just thought I would post to see if anyone knew who may have unloaded it to Delano Sports Center as it's always helpful to know any kind of history. It has the GoFasters top triple clamp with adjustable handlebar position (dang, they didn't have any when I tried to get them for my XC250), a tall Guts seat, and brand new GG exhaust. Seems to be a nice bike as it even started on the 3rd kick in 15deg weather for its new owner (my 16yr old son). I can't wait... I mean he can't wait to try it out!! Odessa 100 here we come!
Jeff.

'00 XC250
'04 EC250

Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 PM

Default ec 250 owner ?

This probably isn't much help, about 18 months ago I was interested in a GG 250 from Delano Sports. The bike seemed fine, new pipe , recently serviced suspension, etc. When I asked who the previous owner was, they wouldn't give out any info. My reason for asking was to see if the owner had the original kickstand, tail light, did it have new clutch plates, just usual questions when buying a used bike. The only shred of info was "he traded it in on a KTM, because he raced hare scrambles with it". That would have been in the spring of '06, and I'm not even sure its the same bike. Ask around to see if a current (or last year) hare scrambles racer switched to KTM, a 450 I believe. I hope you like your bike, I ended up buying a 2002 xc 300, then had a tear in the lining of my foot, should have bought something easier to kickstart, 200 maybe. Let us know if you find the owner.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:34 AM

Sounds like the same bike. I asked the same questions (no kickstand, tail light, or computer) Got the same answer. I can't believe they sat on it for 18 months! Ended up costing me $2300 after shipping but that's a sweet deal compared to anything similar in my area. Thanks for the reply.
Jeff.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:53 AM

Go to the Smackover site and email Jack. He should know whose bike it was.