Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Old 08-06-2020, 11:41 PM

Alright. Finally some new developments. Got to work on the bike the last couple days. I bled the clutch. I think it went well but I’ve never bled a clutch before so maybe I should try again. It feels good though and I see no bubbles coming up.
I also changed the transmission fluid. It was probably pretty low. I didn’t see it in the site glass before I changed it but that could be because it was so dark. Or it was low. I see it clearly now that it’s got 1000 cc’s in there.
It still dies when I put it in gear so nothing fixed so far. If I rode it a couple hours with low transmission fluid could I have damaged it? Warped the clutch plates maybe? Hopefully not worse than that.
Ideas on next steps welcome!

Old 08-06-2020, 11:42 PM

Little black? Maybe a bit rich.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:44 PM

The transmission fluid drain bolt. Not sure if that’s beyond the normal amount of shavings or indicative of wear.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:44 PM

After cleaning.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:39 AM

The jetting looks a little bit rich
The wear on the drain bolt looks quite normal to me, depends when the last oil change was

Send from iPhone with Tapatalk
The Phownix Must burn to emerge
Old 08-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis74 View Post
The jetting looks a little bit rich
The wear on the drain bolt looks quite normal to me, depends when the last oil change was
Jetting I'll deal with when I get the clutch working. Hopefully easy enough.

Good to know the drain bolt debris could be normal. Hard to know when the last oil change was. I think I'll try harder to bleed the hydraulic fluid tonight. And open up the clutch and check the plates and basket out.
Anyone using something other than Magura Blood? I hear ATF is good but what brand? If there's a difference.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:28 PM

Weirdest thing, I started the bike tonight after struggling with the Berg master cylinder. Too many broken bikes. And I put it in gear and it worked fine. Rode it around the block and it was bogging a bit or just not running quite right at 1/4 throttle. Wouldn’t idle great either but it would kick into a decent feel with more throttle. Is it possible first of all that it’s just been sitting and lugging too much and too long and it just needs a new plug and to be ridden?

Also maybe the clutch will stop working again when it gets to operating temp?

Maybe I’ll take it out to ride it tomorrow and just see what happens. Is that a bad idea?
Old 08-08-2020, 01:19 PM

Alright. Out at Carnegie OHV. Come by and visit if you’re here. Ha. Clutch seems to be working fine. That’s great news. The bike ran decently at first and I was pretty stoked but then it started feeling like it was out of gas for a brief moment now and again. Only quick and then it was back. Did that a couple times. Always on hills at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Kinda trying to wind it out at the time. Then finally just now it did that but didn’t recover. Felt way out of gas (tank is 1/2 full). I stopped and it died. It was super hard to start after that. Wanted to run but was deeper and fartier sounding than usual and wouldn’t start. I waited a bit and finessed it and finally got it started and rode back to the truck. It idled pretty well when I got back. Also at the beginning of this day I replaced the spark plug with a new one to try to get 30 minutes on it figuring that would give me some info (according to some youtuber). That’s where I’m at for now. Hanging here watching the gf take a class.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:59 PM

Have you taken the carburetor apart and completely cleaned it and set your float height

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 08-08-2020, 03:00 PM

Just talked to the mechanic out here. He rode it and said it felt great other than a flat spot in the middle of the rev range. He said to lower the needle one notch. I feel that flat spot too so that’s great info. Not sure it addresses the fuel missing. He mentioned that might be something dirty in the carb moving around.