Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Shelton Valley Enduro

Any of you Washington Gas Gas riders gonna go?

This next Sunday is one of the few times per year you can legally ride these epic trails don't miss it!
Sunday May 4th at the Mason County Fairgrounds. Sign up at 7:00AM

I drew minute 1 again for the second time in 4 years.

Also on Saturday is the Shelton Valley Beginners Enduro and school for those that want to learn about timekeeping and ride some fun trail.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Banned

They still run that event? I have very fond memories of racing there in the early 90's
Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Any of you Washington Gas Gas riders gonna go?

This next Sunday is one of the few times per year you can legally ride these epic trails don't miss it!
Sunday May 4th at the Mason County Fairgrounds. Sign up at 7:00AM

I drew minute 1 again for the second time in 4 years.

Also on Saturday is the Shelton Valley Beginners Enduro and school for those that want to learn about timekeeping and ride some fun trail.

Roscoe
Hey Roscoe,
Les mentioned to me that you got 3rd overall? Nice job!

Hope to make it up for a ride soon - Les is still sidelined with a couple of broken ribs. Need a riding buddy to stand in for him!

jeff

P.S. I dropped the gasgas riding pants and hebo jersey off at Les' place for you - they are super super comfy...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Jeff, Well actually I got 12th overall and 3rd in my very competitive class. I dropped 4 points and had a good ride except for one run in with a hidden stump in the brush which took me off my bike and wasted my exhaust costing me precious time( surprise, surprise, Like I said in another thread, I replace exhausts like tires.)

Second in my class beat me by 15 hundredths of a second. And first only dropped 3 points.

So I have a 2nd and 3rd so far this enduro season. This is shaping up to be a very fun series.

This event is always a treat and this year was no different. Shelton's trails don't get any better or much more extreme. The down hills were pretty intense! Well they were more like down mountains. When a hill has 3 down arrows at the top as you go over you know your in for a ride. One was multiple sheer rock faces 15' to 20' drops all the way down the mountain. another was just a chute of curves that was so steep you just ski with the rear locked up modulating the front brake to keep your speed down. This is a sweet place to ride and I will be checking out their fun run on memorial weekend as I always do. There are only a few times per year to ride this area and I take every chance I can.

As far as a ridding buddy I'm there. Just let me know when you gonna be up and I'll see if we can work something out . This weekend I'm doing trail maintenance on Saturday for my up and coming ISDE at Capitol Forest and Sunday is all Moms. Thanks so much for the gear, I cant wait to try it out! Looks like I need to add a new Sponser to my list!

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM

Roscoe, Have you got any more info on the fun run. I have heard lots of good things about Shelton and would love to test it oput for myself.

Paul
Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 PM

Paul, heres the fun run flier. I usually go down for a day get out ASAP and make 2 loops out of it for 80 miles. Good times! Let me know if your gonna go and maybe we can meet.

Roscoe

Old 05-18-2008, 04:53 PM

Well now the wife says were going down to the fun run and camping out with a bunch from our club for both days rides. And shes boss soooo..... Man I love it when she makes me plan for fun weekends!
So if any of you GAS heads wants to meet for a fun ride Ill be in the Gas Gas sport ( my motor home with a big GAS GAS decal on the front.) Let me know beforehand and I will plan accordingly.

Roscoe