Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 AM

Default I need your input. I just bought a GASGAS. Am I an IDIOT?!?

So two days ago I bought a '04 GASGAS FSE 450 Supermoto as shown in the picture below.

Its an absolutely pristine bike. It has everything already on it from the factory. Marzochi shocks, ohlins rear shock, FMF pipe (full with header) fuel injection, six speed, pilot tires, tag bars, brembo front break caliper and disc.

The thing is, I was really looking for a husky 450 supermoto but i couldnt find one for under 5k. I ended up spending 5500 on the GASGAS because it was in such good condition. It has only 600 miles on the bike. I was so happy until today... I really could have used that extra $1500 to buy a car.

The question is... Am I an idiot for buying this bike?

For some dumb reason I was looking on craigslist and I found a Husky 450 Supermoto with 2000 miles on it for $4500 or best offer.

I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW. That was the bike I wanted and it was the price I wanted to spend. Now I just spent 1500 more than i wanted to spend on a GASGAS (which before a couple weeks ago, and weeks of research I had never heard about)

AM I AN IDIOT? DID I MAKE A BAD CHOICE? I need some feedback. I have total buyers remorse over this. I am so worried that the GASGAS is going to crap out on me and its going to be impossible to fix and all that stuff.
Dont get me wrong the bike is in PERFECT shape. Its got 600 miles on it and it has so many extras. But I think I would much rather have the husky. Am I wrong for thinking this? How do they even compare? I just dont know. Im all stressed out about it.

I want some feedback. Whether it is positive or negative I need to hear it.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 AM

You are not an idiot. By a stroke of good luck and being in the right place at the right time, you have managed to pick up a work of art, These are great, reasonably easy to work on and require little maintenance. Got over 10,000 on mine in less than two years and still haven't managed to break anything. Keep the oil clean and you will keep grinning.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:19 AM

I sometimes get that way when buying pricey things. I ushally just go and ride it and it feels alot better.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Your an idoit sell me the Gas Gas for $4500 and that will make you less of an idiot! You got a good deal, so don't worry and I highly doubt that getting the Husky with 1400 more miles on it for only 1000 dollars less would have been a better deal. If that was the case your GasGas was a steal. GtoG is a solid and one of the nicest riding bikes you can buy, not to say Huskys are bad but you wouldn't be crying to have a Husky compared to the GasGas if you rode them side by side.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 AM

Default thanks

Well I'm glad to hear that. I am a total noob and though I spent countless hours reading about gasgas bikes, I still was just unsure about what I read. Hearing actual people praise this bike so much gives piece of mind. Its just hard to judge where gasgas places in the rank of supermoto bikes out there and that is what scares me. Because I spent alot of money and I guess its natural to want to get my moneys worth.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 PM

Well 5500 is quite a bit, personally Iwould have haggled more and if he didnt want to haggle more I would have moved on. If you do ever think about selling it I would be interested depending where you live. I think the bike looks pretty sweet to me.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 PM

The gasgas is down a lil on power and weighs about 20-40lbs more than a husky. But I have heard the handling is much better on the gasgas. I have on 03 and what I got to ride of it last year was fun, but now mine is in the shop because of something I did wrong and couldnt fix. I will let you know in a couple weeks about mine.

Can you do me a favor and snap some pics of the front wheel on the brake side to see where your speedo cable is mounted to? I got mine used setup for the track only and it didnt come with one. my email is jasonkaw at gmail.com thanks!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:59 PM

Thumbs up good choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpartain View Post
Well I'm glad to hear that. I am a total noob and though I spent countless hours reading about gasgas bikes, I still was just unsure about what I read. Hearing actual people praise this bike so much gives piece of mind. Its just hard to judge where gasgas places in the rank of supermoto bikes out there and that is what scares me. Because I spent alot of money and I guess its natural to want to get my moneys worth.
i know the feeling, i paid 5500 for my 07 gg ec300 with 20 hours on it. i have no regrets at all now. i cant dog on huskys cuz ive only ridden old ones, but you made a good choice
PS wanna trade your black plastics for my red ones??
http://www.gasgasrider.org/gallery//...user=1031&sl=m

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:

Last edited by mountain thumper; 05-07-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM

seriously, ive been looking for black plastics!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 05-08-2008, 03:02 PM

I think you have a fine looking GasGas there. Treat it right and
should have thousands of trouble free miles ahead of you.
If you are just getting into SuperMoto and have not heard
about this forum: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/index.php
you might want to visit and check out what others are riding.
Welcome to the GasGas family.
Jeff So_Cal.