Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 PM

Default 2003 ec300

I took out a piston this morning -got back and took it all apart - I have a nick in the crank and I'm not sure if the rod is bent-Does anyone supply an aftermarket crank kit or should I shy away from that avenue? I am going to have to split the cases to get all the piston trash out from inside the motor so while I'm at it is there a good place to send the crank and have it checked and the rod replaced if nessasary.What is a good piston replacement is Wiesco a good alternative? Anything you think I should do while I'm in there.
Thanks Greg

Old 05-22-2008, 06:08 AM

What happened to your engine!
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 AM

The piston shattered while it was under normal load.The exhaust side of the piston just disintegrated--some piston trash (pieces) went into the crankcase.It never locked up but there are two small nicks on the crank,which leads me to believe the rod may be bent.The head and the cylinder are fine.But I have to spit the cases to clean out the piston trash so I was going to have a new rod installed while I was there.I have always run a 40to1 mixture and I know the history of the bike so I am sure it was always taken care of.Thats why I asked about cranks and people associated with them. Since then I have read all the post in the two cycle section and I think I have a directiom to go==Thanks for asking Greg