Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Sounds like I'll pass this time. We should try and do a PNW Okanagan ride this year since last year's ride fell through.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDog View Post
I have a comitment to go riding with a buddy of mine on 3-1, but if you don't mind a Husaberg tagging along I would be open for any of the days.
John, I do not have any objections to a Gas Gas rider bringing a friend or family along no matter what they ride.

My meet and greet rides are about fun and getting to know my fellow Gas Gas riders.

It can be a good day of training also.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Speedy, The area is in West of Tacoma bt about an hour. It is a fun spot but not worth a long drive in my opinion. It is mostly flat and not all that scenic, having said that it is a fun place to ride just not what I would consider primo Washington single track like Gifford, Eniat or Blewit Pass. Roscoe I could likely make the 28/1 dates.
Correct not scenic like those you list. Unfortunately those areas will be under feet of snow well into June.

These Meet and greet rides are about more than just the ride for me. Its a chance for me to get to meet some new friends with the same addiction, Gas Gas motorcycles.

Don't get me wrong I use every ride I have as enduro conditioning, so I promise it won't be boring.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
Sounds like I'll pass this time. We should try and do a PNW Okanagan ride this year since last year's ride fell through.
Man Steve you are easily swayed.

No really as Paul mentioned it is a long haul to come down to ride here for a day.

Tahuya is not high mountain so its ridable virtually year round. It is dense Salal forest and clearcut mazes of rolling Glacial till single track. Very tight and twisty with some trails having many roots and a few rocks here and there. Some sections are actually pretty fast but most are second and third gear stuff. It is a great enduro training ground. Two enduros are held there annually.

Okanagan Ride might be a possibility this year If I don't go down to Moab. Budget is tight with racing and planed trips.
Time off can also be a problem, you know how it goes. Its a juggling act between racing and training, and play riding with friends and family, my club events we host, trail work, etc. etc. etc. Then on top of all that, there's the domestic crap that comes up in life and gets in the way.

Roscoe

Old 02-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Meet and Greet

I am up for a ride any of those days. Looking forward to meeting fellow Gas Gassers.
"Forever runnin against the wind"
Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 AM

I was skeptical about coming down in the first place since it's such a long drive, but if it was epic singletrack, I'd be more tempted.

The PNW ride will be tough to organize (I know for me I'm gone for 6 weekends in a row - all of June and half of July) but I'd really like to get something together. Either in May or else September.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:03 PM

OK then lets all plan for Sunday March 1 then, rain or shine.

I will be stopping for Breakfast before hand again and welcome you all to join me.
I'm gonna stop and eat at Jimmy D's which is located right in the town of Belfair across HWY 3 from Mc Donald's in Belltowne square, a small shopping center. I plan to arrive at 7:00AM.

If you don't want to stop for breakfast, I plan to meet at the Elfendahl staging area at 8:30AM ready to ride by 9'ish.

Please let me know your plans so I know who to look for at breakfast and or the staging area.

It'll be good to meet those I have not met and put a name with a face. I look forward to this day and your responses.

Roscoe

Old 02-11-2009, 08:09 PM

I'll see you for breakfast and the ride!
"Forever runnin against the wind"
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM

March 1st it is. I will see you for breakfast. Now I have to got off butt and get out and do some riding. I have not been out since the last time we went. My longest dry spell in years.

I hate house remodeling. I think next house Dodge truck,big toyhauler and a very large shop.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Administrator

I'll see if I can drag Les out with me. Sounds like he had fun last time around.

I'll be turning 49 a few days prior - so it will be a nice birthday present to myself...

jeff