Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 PM

Default Important--Sierra Club working to shut down more trails

Got this from my club website figured I pass it around.

------Please take the time to read this----------

Dear Arkansas Dirt Riders:

I am the lobbyist for the Vermont ATV Sportsman?s Association. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Some of you may have already seen the Blue Ribbon Coalition Alert and thank you if you have taken a minute to sign and submit the form letter. We are about to take a big step backward here in Vermont. In 2009/2010 the Vermont ATV Sportsman?s Assoc. with the assistance of Republican Governor Jim Douglas, won passage of an ATV Rule that would allow limited access across state land. In a nutshell, the rule would have allowed the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources to consider short ATV connector trails across state land to connect trails on private land. First there would have been a three trail trial and if it worked, the state would allow more. We?ll it never ends. We thought we would be getting a chance to prove managed ATV trials on state lands could work, but just as we were getting ready to break ground, our new Democratic Governor, Peter Shumlin, is working to pull the rug out from under us. We have a public hearing coming up April 26th and the public comment period ends May 3rd. Would it possible for you to send this alert to your members? We need supporters from all around the US to take 30 seconds to show their support by typing in their name and clicking to submit our form letter to the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources. We need to have a good turnout on public comments. In 2009 we lost by a margin of 4-1 on the written comments, mainly because the anti-atv groups were soliciting comments from dozens of national, environmental organizations and their tens of thousands of members across the country. The anti-ATV groups (Vermont Natural Resources Council, Sierra Club, Conservation Law Foundation, Center for Biological Diversity, The Nature Conservancy and dozens more) are rallying their friends from around the US to send in comments supporting our Governor?s proposal to shut down the ATV pilot project, not even giving responsible riders a chance to prove managed atv trails can work. I can be reached at this e-mail and my cell number below.
Thank you for your consideration.
Frank Stanley
VASA
Government Affairs
14 Don Camp Drive
Barre, VT 05641
802-238-0364
www.vtvasa.org

VERMONT ATV SPORTSMAN'S ASSOCIATION ALERT!!

TAKE A MINUTE AND TELL THE VERMONT AGENCY OF NATURAL RESOURCES NOT TO RESCIND THE CURRENT ATV RULE
AND TO GIVE RESPONSIBLE ATV RIDERS ACCESS TO STATE LAND CONNECTOR TRAILS!!

In 2009, then Governor Jim Douglas finally established a rule that set up a three-trail pilot project to test whether members of the Vermont ATV Sportsman's Association could successfully ride and manage ATV state lands connector trails. The Vermont ATV Sportsman's Association (VASA) and VASA's 21 local clubs had worked long and hard to prove that ATV riders are worthy of state lands access, and it looked like the public had finally accepted ATV riders as deserving of at least a trial period of state lands trails use.

Now, Governor Peter Shumlin is proposing to repeal the Douglas ATV rule. Please take a minute to tell the Shumlin Administration and the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, that ATV riders WANT AND DESERVE state lands access.

SIGN THE FORM LETTER. (Deadline is May 3rd 2011)
Click this link: www.vtvasa.org/Submit-Comment.php and submit the Form Letter as your Written Public Comment.

OR SEND YOUR OWN PERSONAL COMMENTS
If you choose to write your own comments they should be sent to Jon Groveman at the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources. atvrule@state.vt.us

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280

Old 04-30-2011, 11:41 AM

Thanks Chris, form letters sent.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned

When are they going to learn to share?
Old 04-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Moonbats suck!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadelliott View Post
When are they going to learn to share?
They never will. Worst part is most of those F*cking idiots have never set foot in a forest and have no idea what their money is being used for.

Letter sent.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default similar

this is likely not directly related to Vermont , but is still a concern for public lands/offroad users. Some of you may already be following these issues thru your respective clubs/organizations... a good site to follow is "singletrackplanet.com" and also this arra-access.com site ...
with libs amoung us, we'll always be scrutinized...
we do have the AMA,supposedly fighting the battle... don't we ? IDK

http://www.arra-access.com/site/R?i=...nTDQJJ10OngaYw..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gasgasoffroadriders/