Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 PM

Default Cycra Composite Pro Bend Handguards

Just got set-up with a set of Cycra Composite Pro Bend Handguards.

I had the old Pro Bend model and finally got rid of them after the shields cracked and the guards were bent beyond repair.

Just put these Composite guards through the ringer doing alot of desert/trials type stuff where I was dumping the bike a lot in the rock gardens. They are really tough They seem to damp vibration in my bar better which was an added bonus.

Very easy to mount. The U-Clamps are very ergo and stout. Actually had a couple of the bolts snap during transit. Called Cycra and they said they had a bad batch of bolts. Sent me a new set of clamps overnight!! Props to them.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM

I bought a set when they 1st came out and was very impressed at how rugged they were and how easy they were to mount.
Unfortunately, my 1st race was in February. I dropped the bike in some rocks and the Cycra snapped like a pretzel.
You've been running them in the cold with no problems ?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 PM

It was in the 40's...low to mid. I would say 'not cold'. I won't ride in anything colder unless it's a snowmachine, sboard or skis. Did Cycra step-up and replace?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
Did Cycra step-up and replace?
I guess I should have asked ? I'm pretty sure I tossed them out. Oh well.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:51 PM

Driggs!! I spent 2 years in Jackson, you must ski at the gee, "Powder from Heaven not hoses" Best powder days I had when i was out there were at the gee. Best fishing was on the south fork!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Yep..the Ghee and JH. It's been a sick winter. I'm approaching 70 powder days for the winter. Finally had to drive to Boise last week for mid 40's wet-dirt riding. Won't be trail riding around here until late June. I'm sick of the snow at this point. Got the boat dug out and ready to hit the S. Fork.....tight lines!!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM

70 days? Damn... I thought I was doing pretty well at 30 days as of last weekend.

I should be riding my dirtbike in another week depending if the current warm weather sticks around.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:07 PM

I only have about ten days in the powder. However, I have got about 25 rides in the dirt or should I say mud this winter!

Paul B
Old 03-03-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
Just got set-up with a set of Cycra Composite Pro Bend Handguards.
Did you mount them to the stock bars? If so, which clamps did you use? I just took delivery of a set of Cycra Solution mounts, but they're really quite heavy. I haven't even opened the package yet because I might send them back. Protection vs. weight was never an issue with me, but I'm thinking a set of plastic guards might be better on the EC300 for the slower trail riding I do. I know polisport makes something, and there's the Acerbis Rally Pro, but I'm not sure which brackets I'd use for the stock bars.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 PM

I used to have the all-plastic Acerbis Rallys and honestly never had a problem. They saved my hands from some brutal hits and went right back to work. I'm not sure why I switched to metal.