Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Dougie Lampkin joins Gas Gas

Lampkin signs three year contract with Gas Gas

As posted on his website:
http://dougielampkin.co.uk

Twelve times FIM Trial World Champion Dougie Lampkin has today confirmed that he will join Gas Gas in 2011, with the thirty-four year old having recently signed a three-year multi facet contract with the Spanish based manufacturer. Lampkin will continue to compete in the SPEA FIM Trial World Championship next season as well as contesting the FIM Indoor Enduro World Championship, selected extreme enduro competitions, plus other selected International trial and enduro events.

As well as continuing to compete at the highest level in both disciplines, Lampkin will also play an important role in helping Gas Gas develop both their trial and enduro products for racing activities and for end users. Whilst Dougie will maintain his quest for his one hundredth Trial Grand Prix win, he will also look to assist his younger team mate Adam Raga, as the 2010 vice FIM Trial World champion looks to return to the top of the rankings. Additionally Lampkin will take on the overall responsibility for all Trial activities, with him adopting the position as Trial Team Manager, but with a very hands on approach.

The three-year agreement between Lampkin and Gas Gas represents the start of a new era for the former FIM Trial World champion, with Dougie having never previously ridden for the Girona based company. Now under the control of Commercial Director Ramon Puente, the Spanish factory has a clear and strong strategy for the future both in terms of competition success and increasing their market share. Dougie is one of two high profile riders who will spearhead the new Gas Gas assault starting in 2011 and who may give rise to limited edition replica models in due course.

Lampkin will make his Gas Gas debut on Saturday 8th January 2011 at Sheffield arena, as Dougie continues his long-standing association with this indoor trial event, which remains one of his favourite occasions each season. Sheffield will also see Dougie begin his association with the major trial brand Jitsie, with the Yorkshireman having agreed terms to wear both their riding apparel and helmet, and also to develop his own range of Jitsie casual clothing.

Speaking about his pending move, Lampkin commented. "Firstly I would like to thank Lapo Bianchi, my cousin John and everyone else at Beta for making my second stay both enjoyable and successful. It has not been an easy decision to leave the family, but the new challenge is just the motivation I need at this stage in my career."

"This is an exciting opportunity for me and one I am delighted to embrace as Gas Gas have shown a real desire and passion for me to become a part of their team. I firmly believe I still have something to offer by riding the Trial World Championship, and as well as looking to win at least one more GP, I really think by still riding at the highest level it will help with the development process we have planned." Dougie continued.

"The two stroke Gas Gas enduro models are amongst the best in their class, and I think this will really help me at the indoor and extreme events. Although I have had some good results to date in these type of competitions, I feel that I can improve my performances given the benefits offered by the weight and power of the Gas Gas enduro machine."
Lampkin ended by saying.

"I will be going all out to win my one hundredth Trial GP, the centenary edition of the Scottish Six Days Trial, the indoor enduro World championship, plus some extreme enduro events and as many other competitions as possible, whilst still attending to my other duties, so it is going to be a busy year all round."

Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Awesome!!!

Have met the guy on a few occasions and apart from being an brilliant rider is a really nice chap!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Good news all around. With Dougie and Adam on the same team should prove quite interesting for 2011. I think this year I might pay a little more attention to the trials world.
Wonder if Dougie is gonna miss riding a thumper?
07 TXT 280
77 TY175

Last edited by HuskyDude; 12-06-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:09 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

nice to see that he will also be competing in the extreme enduro series starting next year
Old 12-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Whats Jordi Tarres up to these days? I thought he was Ragas trials team manager etc?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splint View Post
Whats Jordi Tarres up to these days? I thought he was Ragas trials team manager etc?
Here Jordi was asking some tips from me.