Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 07-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Question Cle Elum OHV Intel?

Fellow GG (and other...lol) riders to my north - any intel you can give me on Cle Elum OHV?

Gifford Pinchot's closed for fire season and Cle Elum is still open (just talked to the ranger). Found a map and there are a bunch of trails (lots of non-motorized stuff too), but don't have any idea what the riding is like.

Need to know if it's worth the 4+ hour trek up there and would sincerely appreciate any help/insight/feedback/etc.

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2015, 02:31 PM

Wow! I haven't seen that name for a long time. That was my weekend riding spot as a kid on my Yz80. I rode with guys on quads so I mostly rode two track. I'm sure the rules and layout have changed quite a bit since I moved away. I'm curious to hear what people have to say!
1997 KX60
1983 Yami Tri-Zinger
1984 Suzuki Alt 50
1969 Trail 90
1971 Trail 90
1972 Trail 90
Old 07-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Fellow GG (and other...lol) riders to my north - any intel you can give me on Cle Elum OHV?

Gifford Pinchot's closed for fire season and Cle Elum is still open (just talked to the ranger). Found a map and there are a bunch of trails (lots of non-motorized stuff too), but don't have any idea what the riding is like.

Need to know if it's worth the 4+ hour trek up there and would sincerely appreciate any help/insight/feedback/etc.

Thanks!
Contact the Cle Elum ranger station, they can tell you current trail conditions. I haven't been up there in a few years, but it is mostly single track. Not as under used as the Gifford Pinchot.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Contact the Cle Elum ranger station, they can tell you current trail conditions. I haven't been up there in a few years, but it is mostly single track. Not as under used as the Gifford Pinchot.
Thanks Bryan!

Called the ranger station yesterday and the trails are all still open, fire restrictions in dispersed camping, but it sounds like fires in campgrounds are still allowed.

Any chance you have ideas on the best places to camp - for a group of 6-10 guys? I downloaded the west map and there are trails everywhere; both sides of I90 seem to have a lot.

Is there a local riding group forum that I could ping?

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t...3/map_41a9.htm

The above is to a rider map that shows the campgrounds. I used to go to ICE Water Campground. There is a kids riding area inside the campground and the trail head is right across the entrance from the campground.

You can get maps at the ranger station in Cle Elum.

EDIT: what is not intuitive, is you take the Elk Heights exit from I-90 and go east on the NORTH side of the freeway on Thorp Prairie Road. At the bottom of the hill, you cross back over the SOUTH side of the freeway go up West Taneum Rd until you reach the campground on your left.