Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Trials Technical Forums > Trials Chassis & Body

Trials Chassis & Body Trials Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-19-2020, 02:32 AM

Default Gasgas 280 Txt Pro

Hello, I just bought a trialbike and is really happy overall about it. There is just a couple of minor issues.
The person who sold it to me was under the assumption that it was a 2006 but when looking up the vin number myself afterwards it turned out to be a 2001 according to 2 independent sites. This doesn?t concern me much because it felt like a sweet deal. And he had just recently changed the chain and sprockets as well as wheel bearnings and oils etc. He had also when he bought a year ago let a well known service shop go through it and it was no issues.

How accurate is Vindecoders ?

Now for the issue that bugs me the most parts. Where do I look for stuff and stuff like plastics does several year models fit?
It didn?t take me more than probably four hours to break the rear fender in two pieces. I did managed to fix it so that it?s one piece again but it?s not pretty.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:56 AM

Just got this reply from Gas Gas themselves...

Hi there,

The factory is closed, we are not able to provide any parts at the moment.
---
Kind regards
Th?o

Is this due to corona or have the company itself shutdown? If so are there any aftermarket brands that fits.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:20 AM

Can you post a pic?

Where are you located in the world that will have a lot to do about getting parts. A trick is to just zip-ty the rear finder on so it just falls off at they are pricey $ 150 US

Does yours look like this, it is my 01 txt 280 if the motor is the same it is not a por and will be per 02.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/att...7&d=1473900374

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 PM

https://imgur.com/o9lM3Qu

I live in Sweden but I have loads of ppl in UK and America that I play online with that could arrange shipping for me.

https://i.imgur.com/uiCmveK_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium

That?s before I flipped over and now it looks like

My Vin is VTRGG28021101066 which as far as I understand means 2001
Old 05-19-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler View Post
Can you post a pic?

Where are you located in the world that will have a lot to do about getting parts. A trick is to just zip-ty the rear finder on so it just falls off at they are pricey $ 150 US

Does yours look like this, it is my 01 txt 280 if the motor is the same it is not a por and will be per 02.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/att...7&d=1473900374
Don?t understand how you upload straight up on this forum yet.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:01 PM

I'm no expert but I think that's a 02. In 02 they were switching from the Edition to the Pro motor yours has the pro motor in it. I would try contacting some gas gas dealers not the factory that's going to be all messed up since KTM bought out stock. You could email Jim Snell rat trials Parts USA here in the states he has a massive inventory of stuff very knowledgeable great videos on YouTube also for repairing.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 05-19-2020, 07:13 PM

As stated, contact Jim Snell, he's a really nice guy and what he doesn't know about Gas Gas motorcycles isn't worth knowing. Jim carries a lot of second hand parts as well, but as you are based in Sweden, there are several shops in England that carry gas gas parts (better choice than the USA) that you can also try.

Gary
Old 05-19-2020, 10:32 PM

Cool i will try and get a word with Jim Snell. Like I said export import I can managed if price difference and accessibility is better. I have friends in LA, Arizona and other places overseas. England is much closer ofc. I even asked around in Romania all due to Spain and Italy?s issues with corona. There isn?t really a big hurry right at the moment. I will let the broken rear fender sit there until I master the machine a tad better and learn how to ride wheelie. It was zip tied in the two back mounting holes but I guess those where to good since they didn?t snap of when I crashed it.

I will look for fork seals for the front shocks though soon. It feels like they are a little worn or if it?s just a matter of needing fresh oil. It?s no bounce in them but maybe that?s just how they are normally. But I would like a more responsive rebound.