Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM

Default the problem

The upper ring broke and wrapped around the head of the piston, causing grooving into the cylinder. Everything looked good every where else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0117.jpg (92.2 KB, 23 views)

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 AM

Default One more questions

Is it odd to have 8 to 12 ounces of oil pour out of your pipe when you remove it. After disassembling the bike to rebuild the engine, i was cleaning parts and when i got to the pipe a good 8 to 12 ounces of oil had been sitting in the bend of the pipe for who knows how long.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM

Wow. It is what it is obviously, but that was a strange set of circumstances. Running one minute and then not restarting.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Wow. It is what it is obviously, but that was a strange set of circumstances. Running one minute and then not restarting.
You said it. It does not make sense unless it happened on the short ride and had enough to keep running but no restart.

The bright side of it is i am now rebuilding the entire bike. Is an 03 so it wont hurt to do the whole thing. I have decided to upgrade some parts as well. I love tax season. I am definitely going to upgrade the stock crappy magura hydraulic master cylinder clutch, mine operated as hard as a cable clutch.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswilkes View Post
Is it odd to have 8 to 12 ounces of oil pour out of your pipe when you remove it. After disassembling the bike to rebuild the engine, i was cleaning parts and when i got to the pipe a good 8 to 12 ounces of oil had been sitting in the bend of the pipe for who knows how long.
In my experience, the oil is left over from previous starting attempts that resulted in a flooded condition. As the oil doesn't burn, it just gets pumped through the engine until it reaches the lowest point of the system, usually the expansion chamber. The oil also prevents the engine from starting or running, as it effectively plugs up the system. Similar to stuffing a rag in the silencer.

So, yes, that is odd.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
In my experience, the oil is left over from previous starting attempts that resulted in a flooded condition. As the oil doesn't burn, it just gets pumped through the engine until it reaches the lowest point of the system, usually the expansion chamber. The oil also prevents the engine from starting or running, as it effectively plugs up the system. Similar to stuffing a rag in the silencer.

So, yes, that is odd.
Could have also contributed to the not starting.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Default Another Clue.....Good Lord

So, I got around to unpacking the silencer today and this was the result below. The packing was dripping in oil and when i removed the old packing the perforated inner tube is completely clogged with carbon, not just covered in oil but clogged. I am having to poke each little hole with a sharp object to break the carbon off. Might just buy a new one. Thank god i bought this bike so cheap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0133.jpg (75.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
So, I got around to unpacking the silencer today and this was the result below. The packing was dripping in oil and when i removed the old packing the perforated inner tube is completely clogged with carbon, not just covered in oil but clogged. I am having to poke each little hole with a sharp object to break the carbon off. Might just buy a new one. Thank god i bought this bike so cheap.
Put that on the end of a stick and sell it to an angry villager! Perfect for chasing Frankenstein out of town.

Use a good propane torch to burn everything out from the tube, then attack with a wire brush. Good as used in no time.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM

I think that bike should have a AJP clutch not the magura. I have a 02 EC 200 and a 03 MC 250 and they both have AJP's on them.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
.....a good 8 to 12 ounces of oil had been sitting in the bend of the pipe.....
Is it fuel / 2 stroke oil or gearbox oil ?