Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Default Footpeg Dimensions

I'm not thrilled with the GG pegs and need to know how they compare to a KTM/Husaberg peg. Is a KTM peg larger or is it that the GG pegs are just plain spindly looking?

I'm considering the pivot pegs and can't decide between the older MK2 at 50mm or the newer MK3 at 60mm. I feel the MK3 might be too wide since the GG shift lever seems short.

I don't think I need a wide peg; ones like the Fastways look way too big. My feet are a size 10.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 PM

I had Fastways on my '03 and they were too wide. I now have the Pivot Pegs (MK2 I guess, not brand new) and they are great. Perhaps the added width of the new ones might not matter much since they pivot, just a thought.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
the GG shift lever seems short.

I have a size 10 hoof also and had to get a longer Hammer Head shifter.

The Pivot Pegz do make it easier to shift and brake,since you're not having to lift your feet every time you shift or brake.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 AM

I just had my first ride on my pivot pegs. I must tell you, they feel really weird in the garage. I almost wanted to return them but figured i'd try them out. Leaving the truck, they felt really....... odd. It didn't take very long to get accustomed to them though. Only 10 min max. After swapping bikes with a buddy, (he wanted to try them), regular footpegs felt really strange, and felt like I was always standing on the edge of the peg.

Long and short of it all is I like them. I'm going to be drilling them out and installing a grease nipple on them for easier maintenance but otherwise they are here to stay. I order the MK2 ones as well. Didn't figure I'd need the big ones.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 AM

I'd think twice about that. The o-rings are very small and will be blown out easy from the pressure of the grease gun. From my experience, if the pegs are assembled correctly without pinching an o-ring, and with good grease, you won't find any dirt in there after a few rides. Buy o-rings in bulk and service is quick.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:40 AM

The Pivot Pegs are great. I'll agree with all their claims and the new 60mm wide version should help with the only gripe I have is they can pack with mud. Has NOT created a problem though keeping feet on the pegs. They are grippy enough without being to grippy like some pegs. Curious to see how the wider versions contact the brake pedal though.

You can get used to them literally in minutes IMO. Use a high quality Moly paste grease like the Jet Lube Moly 50 and I have changed the o-rings to just slightly larger on both sides and ditched the 2 o-ring setup on the outboard side. Slightly stiff upon assembly they losen up just right after a short ride. See pic. I also don't see the older more narrow MK2 version even listed on their site any longer. Not sure if they dropped production of that one but still should be plenty of them kicking around in the retail pipeline if you want the more narrow one.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM

I ordered a set of the MK3 to try. Figured I'd go with the wider one since the MK2 is slowly being phased out (I could have got the MK2, there were some in stock).

I decided on the pivot pegs after studying the bottom of my boots. The tread was ripped where the leading edge of the peg touched.

While standing on the GG, it felt better when I rotated my foot back a bit to be flat on the peg. From this I figured that the pivot pegs would suit me better since they can rotate forward (should be more comfortable).
Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM

Its so much more natural to stand and lean forward.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Speaking of Pivot Pegs.
They say you can switch the pegs from left to right to lower them.
Has anyone actually tried that?
I don't see how it can be done.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Speaking of Pivot Pegs. They say you can switch the pegs from left to right to lower them.
You are thinking of the Fastway pegs. They can be switched around to lower them.