Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 04-28-2016, 01:43 PM

Default Babyburr Date Change 2016

http://www.usdualsports.com/2012/07/...ual-sport.html

Normally in Oct but this year they are moving to Sept. Check it out

Old 08-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

This one is on our hit list for Sept. Any riding in the area we could ride Mon&Tue?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:15 PM

Default Ohio trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
This one is on our hit list for Sept. Any riding in the area we could ride Mon&Tue?
There are 4 riding areas nearby but all will seem very lame after 2 days of good southern Ohio DS trails! Wayne National Forest has 2 divisions that allow riding with a daily permit, to the north of McArthur near Nelsonville and to the south near Ironton. Also available are 2 state forest trail systems, to the north near New Lexington is Perry State Forest and very close to McArthur and south is Richland Furnace State Park. IMO none will entertain you for longer than a few hours. I would recommend making the 3 hour or less drive to Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia if you don't get your fill of riding at the Baby Burr.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
There are 4 riding areas nearby but all will seem very lame after 2 days of good southern Ohio DS trails! Wayne National Forest has 2 divisions that allow riding with a daily permit, to the north of McArthur near Nelsonville and to the south near Ironton. Also available are 2 state forest trail systems, to the north near New Lexington is Perry State Forest and very close to McArthur and south is Richland Furnace State Park. IMO none will entertain you for longer than a few hours. I would recommend making the 3 hour or less drive to Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia if you don't get your fill of riding at the Baby Burr.
Thanks for the info, I'll do some research on those areas.
We have covered about all Hatfield McCoy has to offer, although they have a lot of ground the single track is short and ranges from tricky to near impossible depending on conditions.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
near impossible depending on conditions.
FYI, in case you've never ridden in southern Ohio, this would describe it when it rains!
Old 08-31-2016, 05:55 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
FYI, in case you've never ridden in southern Ohio, this would describe it when it rains!
SE Ohio is hell on earth when it rains. I think my record for enduro DNF's still stands at 13 straight!
Old 09-03-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
SE Ohio is hell on earth when it rains. I think my record for enduro DNF's still stands at 13 straight!
Probably why that area has bred a few top enduro riders!
Old 09-13-2016, 11:24 AM

Default baby burr

Hope you made it to BB. NO Rain so trails were not too hard. Some very rocky hill climbs that clammed many a victim. Flat tires were the problem of the day, I saw at least 6 riders fixing flats.
They had some rain a few days before so trails were very nice. Only 2 sections got dusty enough you had to slow down a little bit.
Lots of road just before and after lunch on Saturday but the length of the trails made up for that.
Overall it was a good ride and we will be back again next year.

Next weekend Nutcracker in Logan Ohio OR
Lumberjack 100 Enduro, Dual sport ride starts after all enduro guys have left in Bergholz, Ohio ,(Southeast of Carrolton or Nw of Wellsville Ohio
Just an FYI
Old 10-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuki250 View Post
http://www.usdualsports.com/2012/07/...ual-sport.html

Normally in Oct but this year they are moving to Sept. Check it out
Well we just complete the 2019 Baby Burr in southern Ohio and what a great event. Just a little rain on Friday so it made the trails dam near perfect. The land owners were great on both letting us use their land and the route layout. Lots and Lots of trails. Probably the most I have see in years. Dust was minimal and links were fast.
Thanks to Bob and all the others. Oh thanks to all of you the provided lunch. I was so full I almost needed a nap. And thanks to all that made dinner at the end of a long (6 hours ride time to do 110 miles) it was great.
Lastly thanks to Tammy and the Pittsburg Trail Monkeys as with out you I would not have finished the whole route. Till we meet again WFO!
Old 10-02-2019, 02:53 AM

Thumbs up

A friend rode it this year and said it was great. A long drive but worth it.
He rode full day Sat & half day Sunday. Said that was enough for him.

RB