Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 AM

Thats interesting Jake. I'll have to look into a MAC alternative. That view is very close to what mine is now, but I think that video is done with a chest mount judging by the occasional image of the bars. The trail is also a bit smoother and wider, so fewer objects moving rapidly in the view like trees. I didn't even want to bother doing a YouTube encode/upload, but if you want to see in I'll clip out a short section of the raw footage and put in in my Dropbox with a link.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'll leave that up to you if you want to upload or not. I can imagine how busy it must look with the narrow FOV and your rocky single trail. I noticed on that example a few posts back that even after he's run the software you still get good depth perception. Especially on a rocky section so you might be pleased with it. I found I have a filter on my Corel Video X3 so I might have a play later today. I took some video yesterday with my drift HD mounted to the fender brace with the bashplate vibing against the frame and also what sounds like the mount vibing against the camera/bike. Its a horrible noise and the footage is almost just as bouncy too! Should make for a good comparison. I personally find mounting the camera lower and on the bike gives a much different perspective than on the head. I run the chest as an easy middle ground.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM

As I type this I'm running a clip through the iMovie '11 stabilization utility, we'll see what happens. That prodad software is another $150, but there is a Mac version that is supposed to be good. Maybe later.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Keen to see/hear how it turns out.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 PM

Well, not so good. The iMovie stabilizer marked a lot of frames unable to stabilize. More so in the "heads up" video with the adjusted mount than the original looking down as expected. Perhaps the ProDad software is better, but I've been spending too much $$ on setup parts for the new bike. How these work though is by zooming/centering/cropping each frame, so you get other effects you may not want. Some of the stuff I've seen from the YouTube stabilizer looks terrible. I'll just put the OEM lens back on, and see if I can trade the 3.6 for the 2.8, that should be a good compromise.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

In my rebuild thread the second video is the result of youtube trying to reduce shaking. Made the whole screen shimmy and the video looks worse than it did before. That'll teach me for blindly clicking yes!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 AM

The 960 mode, while not wisescreen, looks decent to me. All of Paul's (PEB) video is in 960 and looks good. 1080 has a more narrow FOV as well, I should start experimenting more with that. I'm going to contact Dennis at Ragecams and see If I can return/trade the 3.6 for a 2.8.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:36 PM

Thumbs up

Dennis at Ragecams just told me to send the 3.6 back for a 2.8, no problem. Very cool, another company with great customer service!