Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:44 PM

Default Parts!!!!!

Let me start by saying I love my 11' EC300 ....I've got other bikes and it's what I prefer to ride and race. But...getting parts for this thing is an absolute joke. I call the guy at Gofasters who is way knowledgeable and very helpful. He knows what I'm asking for and can tell me quickly if they have it in stock. The problem comes when it's time to order , he can't sell it to me and I have to go through a dealer, have the part shipped there and then to me...two weeks later I'm good to go. Now he has helped me with speedy shipping when I've been in a pinch, but he has told me this isn't going to be the norm. I'd buy another one of these bikes in a minute if the parts situation wasn't so screwy. Looks like I'll be racing orange bikes again when it's time for a new one unless someone has a better plan. When you're trying to race one of these bikes getting parts in a weeks time is critical. Maybe I'm asking or expecting to much. If anyone knows a better way of going about getting parts quickly please please share it with me.

07 KX500AF

Old 02-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

This has already been hashed out in past posts.
Just call the closest dealer to you.
I've never had issues getting parts.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:25 PM

I have never had trouble getting my parts from Halls. Usually have them in a few days unless it is something odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You could go with my plan and buy two.
I hate worrying about getting parts in time for next weekends race.
Then you wind up paying top dollar for parts and shipping.
If you don't have a good dealer close give Matto cycle in Pa a call, bet he has whatever you need in stock.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I have never had trouble getting my parts from Halls. Usually have them in a few days unless it is something odd
Second that...

Hall's Cycle has invested in a very, very large parts stock (and has for many years). If you want something right away and want it shipped to your door - they should be your first stop... Otherwise, support your local dealer - for example Bill's Cycle here in Oregon is fantastic...

... As a sidenote - Halls is also centrally located in the United States for reasonable shipping times to either coast of the U.S.

For those who remember the good old days when Smackover Motorsports was the "gasgas parts warehouse" - insert "hall's cycle" before "gasgas parts warehouse" and get a warm and fuzzy feeling...

www.halls-cycles.com

jeff
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Second that...

Hall's Cycle has invested in a very, very large parts stock (and has for many years). If you want something right away and want it shipped to your door - they should be your first stop... Otherwise, support your local dealer - for example Bill's Cycle here in Oregon is fantastic...

... As a sidenote - Halls is also centrally located in the United States for reasonable shipping times to either coast of the U.S.

For those who remember the good old days when Smackover Motorsports was the "gasgas parts warehouse" - insert "hall's cycle" before "gasgas parts warehouse" and get a warm and fuzzy feeling...

jeff
I've used Halls since 09 and NEVER had to wait more than three days for my parts.

Never understood the "I can't get parts". Pick the phone up and start calling "dealers". I have always felt it unfair that GoFasters could sell parts being the importer but I do appreciate and respect the hard work Mark has done for all of us. Without Mark I don't think GasGas would even be here now.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I just bought a new bike mostly because of Mattos in Pa he does get u the parts when I needed them . The new bike is really nice , Just pulled it apart to go over everything .But for the most part it was a waste of time . Mattos most of done it is was well greased even the electric starter bearing
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM

Honda parts - Three days from central warehouse, then have to return to store to pick up. Almost nothing "red" in stock except jets and spark plugs.
Kawasaki MINIMUM seven days for anything, then have to return to store to pick up. Same as Honda for brand specific.
Suzuki - Had a great dealer (RIP Aurora Suzuki), anything ordered was three days, then have to return to store to pick up. I rarely ordered anything from Suzuki because the stock was so extensive, but again, then have to return to store to pick up.
Yamaha - Same as all of the above, requiring another trip to pick up.
KTM - I bought one thing (ONE) - the 1.8 bar radiator cap. In stock. $35. Ouch.
GasGas - Order online, have it at my house in a week or less, depending if it was warehouse or in stock.

Therefore, I see nothing between the brands as far as "non-consumable parts," as almost nothing is in stock except aftermarket parts (exhaust, tinted windscreens, etc).

Sorry to hear that you are basing your bike purchasing decisions on the actions of one dealer. I would find a better dealer and build a relationship. I have "sponsorship" through a shop, they help me out with everything not brand specific. Other wise I head to the source and get it going and deal with the same stuff as any brand.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:54 AM

Problem solved! Got a call from Halls (they left a message). The dealer I was trying to use didn't really have anything in stock I was trying to order. It sounds like Halls will be getting all my business, I'm glad I found out who I needed to be dealing with. Thanks again!
07 KX500AF
Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 PM

Glad to hear that you solved the problem are you buying a new bike now ! The new ones sure are nice !