Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 AM

At $4800, JUMP ON IT! As you can see I have the same bike. It is the neatest, best bike I have ever had and I've had a bunch (+35). I also ride a gear high. I tried a Rekluse on it but I decided it didn't really need one. The gearing is such that I pretty much just leave it in 3rd for slower sections and when I hit a faster section I go to 4th. Its almost like having an autoclutch stock. When I bought the 06 GG, I was maybe one of 3 riders in the state to be on a GG, and I bought that one for the same reason you are looking at this one, to be different. Go for it, you will be pleasantly surprised. Oh, I don't have an aftermarket PV cover either.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:59 PM

Well guys I'm trying to iron out the deal with the dealer. I may be an owner of a gg tomorrow. I've decided to send the suspension to house of horsepower in Oklahoma City to get sprung and valved. I'm getting super excited
Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Good luck; hope you get it worked out with the dealer.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Well the dealer and I are arguing over 100 bucks. I hate to give in, as I've already budged 100 more than I wanted, but I'm probably going to cave in so I can load it up.

Have any of you had any experience with house of horsepower in Oklahoma City? Richard, the suspension guru, claims he can make that bike ride as smooth or smoother than almost any bike/brand combo out there. In south west MO, there is nothing but rocks and roots, most of us don't know what to do when we find actual dirt. When we ride in Kansas, where its the other way around, we laugh at the "technical" sections. That being said, rebound is super important, and the initial stroke needs to be pretty soft. Richard suggest using progressive fork springs, and race tech valves to get the oil flow needed to smooth the 45mm forks. What do you all think about this approach?

Also I plan to send the head to rb designs as soon as the bike s in my hands. I had the head milled on a previous katoom and it made a word of difference. What about the rb carb mod? Anyone have any real world expectancies with it? I'd like to try the smartcarb out when the cast version comes available but I don't want to wait around forever, and if I can get close to the same performance for half the price, then t would be worth it for me. Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM

Well the dealer and I are arguing over 100 bucks. I hate to give in, as I've already budged 100 more than I wanted, but I'm probably going to cave in so I can load it up.

Have any of you had any experience with house of horsepower in Oklahoma City? Richard, the suspension guru, claims he can make that bike ride as smooth or smoother than almost any bike/brand combo out there. In south west MO, there is nothing but rocks and roots, most of us don't know what to do when we find actual dirt. When we ride in Kansas, where its the other way around, we laugh at the "technical" sections. That being said, rebound is super important, and the initial stroke needs to be pretty soft. Richard suggest using progressive fork springs, and race tech valves to get the oil flow needed to smooth the 45mm forks. What do you all think about this approach?

Also I plan to send the head to rb designs as soon as the bike s in my hands. I had the head milled on a previous katoom and it made a word of difference. What about the rb carb mod? Anyone have any real world expectancies with it? I'd like to try the smartcarb out when the cast version comes available but I don't want to wait around forever, and if I can get close to the same performance for half the price, then t would be worth it for me. Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 PM

I ran the stock suspension on my 2010 GG300 and after some break in time it wasn't bad. Sounds like you will need some help for your conditions. I don't know anything about House of Horsepower so I can't help you with that. Steve Beane (After Hours Performance) a site sponsor and GG dealer can also answer/help you out with your suspension. On the RB head and carb mods, they made a HUGE improvement on my son's 2011 TM 250MX. That bike needed it. My GG just needed needle, PJ, and MJ changes and it ran like a champ! I really think you should put a few hrs on the bike if you get it to see if you need to spend the extra bucks on performance mods. If you do feel it needs some help RB is where I'd go for that. I've read plenty of GG riders that used him to smooth things out. On the SmartCarb, I'll have mine Monday and will report on how it "feels" on a Husky 165. I wouldn't let $100.00 stop me from getting the bike unless I wasn't happy with how the dealer worked the deal. Good Luck.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Just do it ! Beat him up and meet in the middle for $50.... You wont regret it ..The `11 300 Huney SD is the best one for me yet .. they say the 12-13 are even better but I can imagine how much better you can get .. i am similar to size and weight to you about 6'1" 215# in street gear and love to ride you will be ultra thrilled .. I have loved mine since the day I got it .. I waited almost a year to fool with the suspension .. And wow what an upgrade Allen at "Dual Sport Armory" fixed me up just fine ... I have rode KTM's Suzuki's and Yamaha's and the GAS GAS has what i wanted out of the box Hands Down ...
]| DUAL SPORT ARMORY Suspension
]| Hampton Roads HVAC.com Contracting

"You mean I have to put oil on the gas too?"
" Where is Kutcher ?"
Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The RB mod is well worth it. I have owned four Gassers, and this was one of my favorite mods for the bike. It makes the jetting chore much less of a chore, especially the knurled airscrew. Very nice mod for the money.

At your weight, suspension help is certainly in order. Richard rides these bikes and knows the internals well.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 PM

I bought my 2011 300 from Richard at HOH. He revalved the Sachs forks and Sachs shock. I never did get the forks where I liked them. I do not blame Richard. I just do not think the forks were able to be made to perform to my expectations. He did my WP cc forks with the progressive springs and I loved em.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas, I AM going to pick this thing up first thing in the morning. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can. Thanks for helping me go GAS GAS.