Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Default Reiger suspension feedback

Anyone with a 14' or later GasGas. Can you chime in on how you like or dislike the Reiger, purple color aside of course! Im looking for performance, adjustability and any other feedback?

Old 12-11-2014, 12:24 AM

I don't mind it on my '14 300. Put about 40 hrs on it so far.
Had it revalved, softened up rebound and compression. I'm 110kg geared up and run a 6.4 spring to achieve correct sags.
Uses a normal KYB shock spring same as Sachs shock so I now have a purple res and blue spring.
Heaps of rebound adjustment, almost 50 clicks. Terry Hay tuned mine and despite being a big advocate of rebound separator valves on shocks didn't bother putting one on the reiger.
There is only LSC adjustment on the shock that comes std with the racing edition bikes. The factory editions shock is a bit better I believe and has HSC adjustments too. I wish mine had HSC adjustment. I've attempted unsuccessfully to source a replacement clicker with HSC/LSC adjustment for my shock. The factory was quick to communicate but for some reason declined to sell me the clicker assembly.
Comes std with a bladder so easy as to service yourself. Also has a bleed port screw if you have a vacuum pump setup you can use.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 01-09-2015, 03:04 PM

New to GG but been riding for years. I had KYB SSS on my last few bikes (YZ250, Husky TXC310R) and they were both sent out to Factory Connection and KYB SSS are known to be some of the best out there.

Out of the box I am very impressed. Very plush (ran 18 clicks out and no preload). I purposely set them soft until they break in, but I am already getting comments from my riding partners that I am quicker especially in the whoops, which is all about suspension. It is a bit soft for me 185lbs. Had to tame down the rear with a little less rebound (2 more clicks than compression) as the rear was kicking around some, but it seems that helped significantly.

All in all I would say right now it feels even better than my valved KYB's. I am impressed with the bike and the suspension. Much better all around than either Husky or Yamaha.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Drool on the Factory Reiger shocks....

Old 01-10-2015, 01:31 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I have a factory Reiger with HSC. Much better than the Sachs I had with alot of work done on it.I have had to go to a heavier spring & then ran out of HSC adjustment.The suspension tuner said it was a fairly complicated shock but well made with nice components.Only had 1 short ride since I got it back but it does everything nicely.I didn't once think about what it was doing when riding,so must be working well.Will post a ride update once I have done a couple of rides.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:49 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Interesting pic from one of the privateers at the Dakar