Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 11-14-2009, 10:42 AM

Nice big pic...It looks nice.

Would like to see some more from different angles and without the shrouds but it's (finally) the only choice in town if you want a slightly bigger tank.

Come on Mark and Steve, lets get those pics up with the new tank!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Has anyone had a chance to check fit with a steering stabilizer? I'm running the GPR V-4 on my 300 and my son has the Motosportz on his 250.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F_G View Post
Has anyone had a chance to check fit with a steering stabilizer? I'm running the GPR V-4 on my 300 and my son has the Motosportz on his 250.
Sorry to deviate but what does your son think of the motosportz and has he had any other steering damper that he can compare to?
Thanks Mark
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wence View Post
Sorry to deviate but what does your son think of the motosportz and has he had any other steering damper that he can compare to?
Thanks Mark
He's had them all at one time or another. He likes the Motosportz and feels it works really well 95% of the time. He wishes it would handle the bigger hits a little better (we do alot of high speed desert washes with buried rocks), but it handles everything else really well and has been trouble and leak free for almost a year now.

OK, back on topic. I really want one of these tanks, has anybody checked fitment with the aforementioned steering stabilizers???
Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Thanks mate.
Cheers Mark
Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Berkyboy? Wannabe? Any input here? I'm sure someone considered this before the tank was finalized. I need 2 of them, just want to make sure they will work with the stabilizers first.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Site Sponsor

Talking Clarke Tank Fitment

OK, I'll try to keep this short and precise. Keep in mind I'm not the photographer, Steve is so could my pics be blury? Yep, probably.

The new tank WILL fit the 2010 exactly with the exception of one thing.

Clarke designed the new tank with two "L" brackets that screw into the tank underneath the frame. These brackets are to hold the tank in place instead of the bolt up top by the clamps and the tank strap at the back. Works great on the 07-09, BUT!!!! In 2010 GasGas's new frame design has the ignition coil going vertically on the right side instead of all the other years when it was horizontal. This switch has made the bracket position directly behind the wires and coil on the 2010. With some more patience, you maybe able to attache behind coil...with more patience. I attached the left side and with the seat secure, radiator shrouds secure, the tank isn't going to jump around.

All bolts lined right up, but the top of the shrouds are pushed out from the extra tank and the tabs won't reach to the radaitor (this is on 07-2010). I am sure with a heat gun you can form your shrouds to a cleaner fit.

Also, there is only 3 cm of room between the tank and the weld on the top of the frame/steering colum. About 3 1/2 cm from tank to steering stem and less than 3 from tank to dust cap.

Tank is 3.2, haven't measured to find out yet exact capacity, but a nice tank and a clean fit actually with directions on the "L" brackets, Clarke's own larger bolts are phillips like they have been in the past but the bolts for the "L" brackets are 10mm hex head.

Pics are in the members gallery!

Will try to fit a 125 this weekend, keep you posted. Next up, EXP Rekluse clutch! Had a great conversation with Rekluse today....
Old 11-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Clarke makes such nice tanks. I have always been very satisfied with every Clarke Tank I have ever purchased (6 different bikes and counting.)

Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club
Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the photos Mark.

It looks like you can use the '07-'09 radiator shrouds on the '01 bikes. This may allow for a cleaner fit.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 AM

For the shrouds, add an LTR GP brace through the top mount grommets. Now get a vibration isolator used on the lower pipe mount. Thread the M6 stud into the LTR brace. Now, cut the tit off the shroud and drill an M6 clearance hole to mathh the hole in the isolator. Use a 10mm M6 bolt and fender washer to retain the shroud. You may have to add washers behind the isolator to adjust fit.

You can also attach the isolator to other rad guards/braces for the same result.

I've been doing this on my last two bikes with the stock tank and it makes the shrouds much more durable and less likely to be torn off up top. The isolator will flex and not crack the shroud in minor impacts.