Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM

Default 2010 Ohlins shock - rebound & revalve

REBOUND
I have found the rebound in the Ohlins rear in my EC300 likes being set at 20 out. It is a little bit quick, but when I wind it but 2 or 3 more in make it very slow and packs down over rough ground.

Pulling the shock apart and removing the 2 cross over shims lets me run the rebound out a little further and makes each clicker adjustment a bit more progressive.

COMPRESSION
The low speed compression at 16 out is good, but I run the high speed nearly all the way out as it is way to hard hitting logs, square edge rocks, etc. I have dropped a 3 or 4 of the largest compression shims to soften the whole stack up.

I havent tested the compression side yet, so I will post up once I have ridden it. Anyone else played with these?

Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 PM

The back handles square edge hits a lot better now.

The most noticeable change is when play riding yesterday we were attacking a steep 8 foot bank with a vertical lip at the top. The bike didn't kick or unload half way up the bank, allowing me to keep drive on the back wheel.

The reduced high speed compression really helps. The rebound feels a little slow when pushing on the seat, but soon as you ride it is good. I might even slow it down further on the clicker, but I need some rough terrain to test it further.