Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 PM

I don't ride really fast and don't mind the tires wallowing around. I wore out my last 505 because the sidewall was tearing form the inside and the tire was walking all over. I have another fatty on order and will be replacing the old one soon. This last one worked so well I swapped it used from my gasgas to the orange bike I bought this summer, it looked fine when I swapped it. Ill let you know how it looks after I take it off.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:06 PM

Motosportz how do you like the ibex compared to a shinko 505? Sirloynz was just asking me the other day if a I knew anyone that had run them both.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Motosportz how do you like the ibex compared to a shinko 505? Sirloynz was just asking me the other day if a I knew anyone that had run them both.
I have not run the 505. I have run the GT523 which is my hands down favorite tire for NW slick but they discontinued that one. The GT333 is very good but not as good as the 523 for me. The IBEX withthe tubliss at 7 PSI is about as good as the GT523 for me. Really liking that setup.

I dont like Shinko tires, had so many people tell me this model or that model is good and I tried them and never found ones I have liked. I have not tried the 505 cheater. The always seemed to be OK when new, tapered off very quickly and then started to fail and spit knobs way to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Sirloynz
Been way to long since I have seen that guy.

Who are you?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:56 PM

In general you gain a little and lose a little with tubliss. Meaning if you run low pressure you gain traction but lose side knobs and trash the sidewalls. The fix for me was to use firm sidewall desert tires and stay away from light weight MX tires. When faster guys run soft mx tires they have to run more air pressure to not lose side knobs so they end up with less gain then the slow guy who can run 5 psi and not ruin the tire. The fastest guys I know run bibs or HD tubes with standard pressures. I'm slow and love the low pressure with tubliss and a hard desert tire combo. I've staub flat many times but every one of those would have been a flat with a tube. The traction to play on an enduro like a trials bike is the best part of having tubliss. Tubliss also protects your rim from rock dents because of the 360 degree rim lock effect. If you go with Tubliss as a traction device you won't be disappointed. If you don't mind the extra weight and want stone reliability go with the bib.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:08 PM

Default Tubliss

Hi all, I have run Tubliss for 4 yrs now and no trouble at all, I got one puncture and ran 5 hrs without a problem, with no air in the tyre got to our destination plugged it the tyre was still perfect...
I did 230hrs on my last bike with gen2 s in not one issue dead easy to changes tyres once you get to know the system, but you do afto keep topping up the high pressure side every 2 weeks or s, as said it drops slowly.
Me and my riding buddy rode this years Welsh 2 day and believe me it was a war of attrition with the heat and dust, well my mate was running BIBs and on day 2 the rear mouse started to disintegrate and it slowly started pushing the tyre off thank god he had 2 x rim locks in otherwise it would have been a DNF, my Tubliss was just flawless so I am sticking with what works for me (each to his own I suppose), I took delivery of a brand new ec300 last Friday and tonights job was putting the tubliss in, front and rear installed in about 1.5 hrs...

Last edited by mrquick; 10-24-2018 at 04:06 PM.