Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Default Peace Pipe Enduro Greenville, OH

Perfect weather and conditions....67 degrees and pretty dry....

Well I wanted Row 10 but my buddy put Row 3 on our pre entry...

But anyhow....Row 1 was some pretty serious Ktm guys, Row 2 was XRs then us....We took off and I dropped 6 points in the first section waiting on my friends(first enduro for them)...finally they dropped way back so I just kept going...good friend I know...lol

2nd section went way better and was flowing really well and burned it by 2 minutes...oops

3rd section was back into the sapling trees and land of 1000 logs and I droppped 6 more points...yikes...

4th check I showed up 2 minutes early(found out they dropped that check because their time was off 2 minutes....yippie

5th was an E check, and I was having problems with my handguard...I lost a bolt in the mount and used my $85 oakley as a bungie cord....yikes...still got 9 points...

we had the first gas which was a 35 minute reset...way way too long...took back off and ended the next section with a point...sweet...

the trail to the next check was FOREVER long and I got speared my a 3in diameter branch about a mile from the end that killed that section....ended it with 12 points...man that sucked then we had a 12 minute break for the 2nd gas...and 26 miles to go...oh man I was done already...

2 uneventful sections of cool trail and a sore arse and dropped 7 and 12 points....

Overall I did ok still learning to ride the tight trees which is WAY different than out west...but I do like the enduros better than Hare Scrambles...Still trying to figure out the rythym of when to ride thru resets and when not to...and need to get into enduro shape since at 50 miles I was TIRED...

Seem to be getting the bike dialed in better even though I still had a few problems....I had a stick get in my pipe guard and bend it straight down....I had a crazy sound on the pavement, not sure yet if it was the chain is too loose or pinging....my chain is WAY too loose....and still need some higher and farther forward bars...also tapped out 65mph across bean fields was all I had....is that normal?

Things I really liked about the new to me scooter...weight or lack of it, motor(although after a while it made my hands numb), clutch is dreamy, suspension was much better, MX31 front was awesome....overall much better than my Te250....

just need a rear chain guide...that thing sucks....

Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 PM

Default 1st Time, 1st Overall!

My 17 year old son Jesse Warner (2011 GasGas XC250 Six Days) was the Overall Champion at the Peace Pipe. This was Jesse's last race of a great A-class rookie season and his first time to O/A!

Thank you Indy Moto, Kerlin Trailers/Motorsports/Western World, Throttle Jockey/Graphics Lab, Unabiker Radiator Guards, Tucker Rocky Distributuing, and GoFasters. We certainly do appreciate the support we get from our sponsors!

Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM

WOW...thats cool...never saw a GG all day...must have started back with the smart guys...

2 years in a row up front...row 1 and row 3....yuck...wanted to be back just a little bit...
Old 11-14-2011, 01:15 PM

Jesse was on row 35. I saw you out there.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 PM

I was too busy trying to keep track of my rookie buddies to really walk around like i like too...

and set up 5 cases of oil to give away...man it was gone quick