Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
quaterzone shot
Oooh K.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:19 PM

I had 2 Weihenstephaner Vitus's and a fat burger tonight. Yeah I'm shedding the pounds.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 AM

I have a large plate of bacon and large coffee every morning,, I help that down with a cigarette,, then for lunch I have a bacon sandwich and a beer.. and another cigarette.. no point,, I just like saying that..
Not really.. just my favorite line from grumpy old men (2 I think)..
I have put on way too much baggage since the accident and need to shed like 40+ pounds.. but driving a truck 8-12 hrs a day is hard on your eating habits.. I'm building a new mtn bike to toss around in my truck and take with me for my lunch breaks..
Just dont know what to keep in the truck to eat.. no way to heat stuff up and the cooler only stays cool 1/2 the day...
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 PM

For lunch, especially after a workout or ride, some good protein on a salad, like chicken, salmon (had an excellent one yesterday), tuna if your in a pinch. For me this is the easy meal, I have a great place across the street from the gym. You can always hit Mcdonalds for a grilled chicken salad. A good breakfast is tougher due to lack of time in the AM. If you workout lunch time, you need more of a balanced carb/protein breakfast. I may start just eating shakes or bars at work. Also, drinking a lot of water keeps you full as well as hydrated.

Steve, that burger today after the ride was great, and probably the worst thing I ate all week. So, it just gets offset and balanced out with a very light dinner.

I'm really starting to figure this out myself. For years it didn't matter what I ate, I just worked out more. Now I'm paying more attention. One thing for sure though you have to somewhat like what you eat or you won't stick to the plan.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 PM

Still going strong with a good run today and a 40 mile awesome singletrack ride on Saturday. Felt great on the ride on Saturday and tons of guys were pulled over, spent, as we went by, which is a good feeling. Been able to get a weekly ride in and still run about 15 miles a week. Going to step up the the running to 20 miles a week.

Been nice at work with all of us comitted to eating healthy. Lots of chicken and veggies!

I have hit my first plateau for sure. Still losing weight, but slowed down significantly after first month. Gotta push through though.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM

I've lost about six or seven lbs from my winter peak. I stopped eating snacks after dinner, cut way back on bread and big sub sandwitches, and generally just try and choose to eat some kind of salad or veggies and meat when possible. This and a HEAVY one hour TRX workout with a physical trainer once a week. I run every day on a treadmill for a few miles, followed by a Gravitron upper body workout and Cybex for the legs on alternate days.

I will soon do less machines and more TRX. I'm convinced its the best investment in time spent exercising for our sport, particularly if your time is tight like mine. You improve strength, endurance, stability, and balance. Done correctly, with a 20-30s rest between excersises of 45s where you go as hard and fast as you can, cardio is heavily involved as well. I designed my own version and ordered strapping and connectors to make four systems along with a couple guys here at work. We will have one here for lunch time training and I will have one at home.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:12 PM

Hi New guy here. Saw this thread and hope you don't mind if I jump in. I going to be 47 years old in Aug of this year and always carried some extra weight. I thought I felt "not too bad" At the begin of this year I thought I better start looking after myself.

I looked into better ways to eat and reduce my blood pressure, not real high but getting up there. I found a book called the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.
This is going to sound like a late night TV ad but it change my life.
I'm 6 foot and went down from 217 to a strong 175 in less than six months.
I would say I'm 20% stronger and healthier than I was 20.
Check it out it's a good read.

http://robbwolf.com/
Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 PM

Sounds interesting. What is the basic idea presented?

Down 18 lbs. since I started!

Still just plugging along with running, a weekly ride of 30+ miles and really cracking down on what I eat. Seems to be working, slowly, but working.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Eating and exercising like our Paleolithic ancestors.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:19 PM

http://www.cavemanpower.com/
Simillar idea here and I can definatly vouch for it.
Basic idea is
First 2 weeks:
Big jug of water for breakfast, "forrage" on nuts or fruit and lots of water for ret of day then in evening eat hat you like, pizza, beer, ice cream whatever take your fancy.
After 2 week you tart craving some good healthy food.

Next 2 weeks:
Big jug of water for breakfast, nothing but ater during the day then a big healthy non-proceessed meal for dinner.

Then last 2 weeks nuts or fruit for day and healthy dinner at night.
The weight will be falling off you but you will be liking what you eat so it is easy to keep it up.