Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM

Default Rekluse exp.

Hi. How is the exp working on the gg? What are they like?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM

It is great and works just like advertised.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:02 AM

I have been running one for a few rides. It is good, seems to work well. I only have one critisism of it so far.

When you want to use the clutch you have to pull it in to the bars, you can't just flick it half way. I am sure I can get the engagement starting earlier, but because it has the 'freeplay gain' when you rev it (Rekluse way of saying the lever drops slightly when the motor is running) you will always have to pull it in further than usual.

Maybe a short clutch lever would be better that I can use with my 1 finger technique might be better and make sure it clears the other 3 fingers I have on the bars.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You should be able to adjust that? on my ktm I have it set to disengage before it hits my fingers, about 1.5" pull. Have you readjusted after the breaking?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 PM

is the exp similar to the dynaring?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:18 PM

I've got on my 300 and am not totally convinced yet. I've got a Pro, on a Husky WR 250 and love that clutch. I had to readjust my EXP at about 10 hours. Not hard to do, but I have never had to do this on my Husky and it has a ton more hours on it. Plus when the GG went out of adjustment, it happened on one ride and the bike started stalling and wouldn't completely disengage the clutch manually. Not such a big deal on a trail ride, but I would hate to have this happen in a race.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 AM

I've got one in my '11 EC300, as well as in an '08 KTM 250xc and Husaberg FE450. I've had the Pro in the KTM and also in earlier KTMs I've owned.

I prefer the EXP as it is a 6 spring setup, and gives a consistent clutch feel (very similar to stock) for override, etc. It has all the benefits of the Rekluse, and eliminated the variable clutch feel of the Pro. It works great in all of the bikes, including the GG, and I wouldn't choose to go back to the Pro (or be without it either!)

As for adjustment, after initial install in a new bike (or after installing new friction plates), you need to run it for a short ride (approx. 20 minutes), and then re-set the gap per Rekluse instructions. The new friction plates "break in" during this short ride, and the gap has to be adjusted at that point. Once you make the initial adjustment, I have found that I don't need to adjust again quite some time. The KTM has at least 60+ hours and the berg has about the same and no adjustments required yet.

If you race or just want a "ready to go fix in the field", Rekluse recommends doing the break in procedure on a set of spare friction plates and keeping them ready for a clutch swap later so you can avoid the re-adjust process after install.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:20 AM

What is the best price they can be bought for the 200?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:29 AM

I ended up buying a used CORE EXP, One word...WOW! I still use my clutch as normal however I now am able to tackle difficult riding with ease.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Good to hear. I'm "thinking" about one for my 2010 GG300 but the clutch is so easy I'm not sure I need one for play riding. How much trouble was the install blanc?