Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:08 PM

Default I broke something ...

So while removing the left side power valve cover vent to see if it was clogged (the one that bolts directly to the cylinder, beside the exhaust flange), I broke it . I was able to get the remaining piece of it out luckily. So for now, I put a small bolt in there and also a copper washer to seal it. Is this a bad idea? Can I run it like that? Keep in mind that it was in fact clogged. Meaning that it would be doing the same thing as my temporary fix. What do U guys think? Thanx.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence R View Post
So while removing the left side power valve cover vent to see if it was clogged (the one that bolts directly to the cylinder, beside the exhaust flange), I broke it . I was able to get the remaining piece of it out luckily. So for now, I put a small bolt in there and also a copper washer to seal it. Is this a bad idea? Can I run it like that? Keep in mind that it was in fact clogged. Meaning that it would be doing the same thing as my temporary fix. What do U guys think? Thanx.
What is the thread pitch on that anyway? I'd like to plug mine, it's always just oozed all over the frame and case. Never had a hose or nipple.

All I can foresee is a bit more spooge buildup.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:21 PM

I broke one of the vents on the cylinder and ended up ordering a new threaded vent nipple. Closing off a vent usually isn't a great idea, but if this is the one on the for the left side, I believe this just allows any exhaust goop to drain out. If you plug it, you might want to pull the cover and see how much crud is built up under there.

GGRider01 - I can measure the thread/pitch on Sunday when I get back. I think there are a couple sizes used on the engine. It would be nice to find a generic replacement option.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:53 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

If it is the one I am thinking of it is not a problem as GG normally delivers the bike with the end of the hose folded over and clamped with the instructions that you open it from time to time to drain sponge in a controlled environmentally friendly manner (rather than dripping it everywhere you ride ;-)
Old 05-20-2016, 07:34 AM

That's a relief. I have a checkpoint off-road power valve cover that has a built in removable drain bolt to drain access goop anyway. I just wasn't sure if I was ganna run into a weird pressure build-up problem. Thanx.