Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Default dirt wise

for other practice techniques, check out the video Dirt wise. he has alot of exercises that are done in a small area including exercises on clutch control, rear and front brake control, and balance. its a very good video and will help your riding immensely.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 PM

Here's an excercise for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccUpuKlifaA

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 AM

I to agree about the trials bike. I've rode bikes for about 30 years, I thought I could ride ok, I went to kauai and rode over there and got thoroughly beat up. I saw a lot of the rider's there on trials bikes, and the place's that were kicking me they made look effortless. I came home and juggled the money and bought an older montessa for 2k. I have improved my riding playing in my back yard more in the last 2 years going slow, playing on stumps, pallets, logs, a little creek area, and some steep rocky hills. If you can I would really encourge you to get one. I have since been back and rode kauai 2 more times and could not believe how much better I did on some of the same trails.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
get a trials bike you can play for hours on a 1/2 acre and never get bored. nothing beats a trials bike for small acreage w/limited riding time.
There are a lot of used Trials bikes around. You don't have to compete once you have one but it's almost a sure thing.

Crawling around your backyard on a trials machine for 10-15mins at nite will improve your riding skills lots. Start by just balancing while holding the front brake on (dead stick), full lock figure 8's, riding along a 2x4 are just a few.
I guess you could do all these on a EC also...
Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Get Ryan Young's training DVD. Very good value.

A trails pushbike also makes excellent cross training and they are only a few hundred for an entry level bike. And the cool thing is that the trails push bikes hurts just as much as the real thing :-)
05 Pampera 250