Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > SouthEast United States

Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 AM

Default Eastern TN

Anyone in the Greeneville, TN or Johnson City, TN area?

Looking for people to ride with. The guys I know have quads for RZR's.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
Anyone in the Greeneville, TN or Johnson City, TN area?

Looking for people to ride with. The guys I know have quads for RZR's.
You might try posting this question in the right region but give Gasser a holler. He's over in the Cookeville / Crossville area. John Strange is another GG rider, belongs to the Knoxville club.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 PM

I live 1.5 hours west of Knoxville in Cookeville and ride mostly in an area north of Monterey (1.2 hours west of Knoxville). There's some of the best riding in the state about half way between us near Lake City on I75 (north of Knoxville). Give me a call at 931-498-5113 and leave a message with your phone number if I don't pick up. I will get back to you.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
I live 1.5 hours west of Knoxville in Cookeville and ride mostly in an area north of Monterey (1.2 hours west of Knoxville). There's some of the best riding in the state about half way between us near Lake City on I75 (north of Knoxville). Give me a call at 931-498-5113 and leave a message with your phone number if I don't pick up. I will get back to you.
Have you ridden at Wind Rock?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
Have you ridden at Wind Rock?
The northern section of Windrock (above hwy 116) has what I consider the best trails in the state but they are unmarked and purposely hidden to keep the quads off. I doubt that the trails I refer to are completely within Windrock but we did access them in the Lake City area off I75 about 30-40 minutes north of Knoxville. I don't have gps tracks of these trails yet but I do want very much to hook up with the some of my buddies who know the area and ride these trails again soon.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:10 PM

Default Here's what I have

I have 7.2 acres with a dried creek bed and an old logging road that goes through the middle of it.

Hill right behind the house and a smaller hill on the backside of the property.

This is what I want to do, make a NICE single track for practice.

The issue is, I have no clue what makes a good track and have no clue how to make it fun but also challenging. There are some really nice steep climbs going into and out of creek bed with plenty of rocks.

I can post a video of me riding the trails I have so you all can see it.

Better yet, I will provide beer and food to anyone that wants to show me how, if you live in the area. I'll do the work, just need help with the layout and what will be nice and what will be just a circle in the woods.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:01 PM

Volunteer Riders is the Knoxville club that builds and maintains the single track on the north side if Windrock. You should join, learn the trails by working on them. Club has been around since the 60s.

John Strange is a long time member, there is actually a club ride at his place tomorrow in Bybee to get his trail ready for the SETRA hair scramble coming up in a couple weeks.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:08 PM

How much single track is at Windrock? It is the same distance there as it is to Hatfield McCoy. Been trying to plan a weekend trip to a place where I can ride ST for 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
How much single track is at Windrock? It is the same distance there as it is to Hatfield McCoy. Been trying to plan a weekend trip to a place where I can ride ST for 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure, but I just got the bike fixed so I'm game to try it out.

I'm slow and learning but will try just about anything......That could be good and bad....haha
Old 10-28-2015, 10:12 AM

Anyone interested in riding this weekend?

I can travel to Knoxville, about 2 hours from me.