Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Hand Tape Survey

Hi guys,
I've been racing for 8 years now and have always had issues finding a tape that prevents blisters and doesn't slip, causing arm pump. I've tried tons of different tapes and never had any luck. After the 2008 Desert 100 I started looking harder for some tape. At that race I had to pull off my hand tape after maybe 20 miles as it balled up under my glove. That race is very rough and I ended up getting 12 blisters at the end of the 100 miles, not to mention a concussion and broken nose due my hand slipping off the grip (due to blisters) causing a nasty crash. I found a better tape that no one had really heard of, and I've since tested this tape at the ISDE, Canadian Enduro Championships, AMA National Enduros and at the Desert 100 in Washington as well as local harescrambles. The results have been great. I rarely get blisters and the tape does not move, even when changing gloves throughout the day. The only downfall is this tape is so sticky it's difficult and sometimes painful to remove at the end of the race. For me, I consider that a good thing. Anyways, I'm considering bringing this tape to the motorcycle market as it's the best stuff I've ever used. I want to get an idea of the market before I jump in, so if you guys could click on the link and fill out the survey, I'd appreciate it.

Here's the link: Click Here to take the survey!

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Steve do you get blister on ever race or just the really really wet ones?

I think I got one blister ever on a very wet enduro between my right thumb and index finger...but that's it.

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 04-21-2010, 07:40 PM

I get them across my palm during long, rough races. I need to loosen my grip still. I don't seem to get them in wet races though.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

You could also follow the advice I was given many years ago by a farmer.
"Just piss on your hands and that will toughen them up" he said.
Not sure whether it works as I haven't tried it just yet. I did a few years working landscaping and brick paving which seemed to harden my hands up. I still have callouses and haven't done this type of work for 10-15 years.
Fortunately I rarely get blisters.
Cheers Mark
Old 04-22-2010, 05:09 AM

I use a product called Chamois Butt'r It is designed for your Butt and works quite well it also works on the hands also .It makes them feel a little slippery but once the gloves are on you don't notice it .I buy it at a pedal bike shop. It really does work very well and only $20 for the big jar and it lasts a long time.
http://www.treefortbikes.com/product...e-Chamois.html