Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Which stroker oil...?

Sorry for the dumbass question, but after just shelling out £380-odd for a bore replating, Wiseco psiton and a crank rebuild, I don't want to repeat the process any time soon.

Which 2-stroke oil do you lot use or prefer?
I'm willing to pay top money for it if I know it's gonna keep my engine in good condition.

I'm currently using Motul 600 but don't have a huge amount left.

Cheers for your help.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:59 AM

Motul is a good oil, as are most. Very few bad oils nowadays. I run Amsoil Dominator, because its a top synthetic racing oil that I can order in gallon quantities for a price much cheaper than Motul, here in the US anyway. Whats more important is keeping dirt and water out of the engine. Keep a clean well oiled filter on the bike and always check the airboot for dirt. Make sure your jetting is not too lean either. With basic care these bikes are among the most durable as far as top end parts go.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:13 AM

GMP is right
It'd be very hard to find a bad oil

Most I know in the UK use Putoline MX5
Old 10-23-2006, 03:10 PM

I've found the putoline oil [TTX Injector] I was running in my 125 for a while too waxy and tended to coke up more frequently than, say, Castrol TTS.
How does the MX5 compare?

Cheers for the input thus far.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:11 PM

I don't know the technical aspects but it seems odd to be pre-mixing oil that was intended to be injected ?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:36 AM

the most common oil sold and used up here in the N.E., out of our shop, is Spectro's SX32:1S
Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM

For info...I`ve been using Castrol fully synthetic scooter oil on my bike for the last 6 months with no problems...can buy it in supermarkets anywhere and is dead cheap....I was using Motul 800/Ipone fully synthetic(at 50:1 ie 2%) until I came across the scooter oil,read the API specifications and saw I was being ripped off...you can even see special offers of buy one get one free....
Old 03-03-2007, 06:05 AM

That gave me a flashback to my early 2T days when I started using Kendall injector oil cause it was what my local auto parts store sold. In the old style oil cans too. Worked great. Used it in several bikes for several thousand kms in all and even roadraced RD350's with it. Bikes were always faster than others using BigRed and other 'new' oils at the time and any carbon buildup just wiped right off. Never any piston marks or blowby either.
Ohoh... I replied to an oil thread.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:17 AM

I use Putoline MX7 at 50:1 and am very pleased with it.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:14 AM

Smile

I used to use penrite ts40c - unfortunately you cant get it anymore so i had to choose a new one, so i went back to the place that i used to select that oil - ROTAX aircraft engines The way i see it if its good enough up there, its good down here, I checked the forums and no one was having problems with the recomended oil at 50:1, so I was ready to try it - I run 40:1 just to be on the safe side with BP Ultimate In every 2 stroke Bike i own, and after 2 years racing no probs, The Oil Castrol ACTIV 2T, Yes i know hard to believe.