Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you'll want to get a hold of the Suzuki Needles (NEDx/NEDx).

The N1EG you've ordered will be barely any different to an N1EF. The straight section is so short that the diameter is only really going to effect the idle and not much more. Its actually so short that many people completely by pass it simply by turning the idle screw in. This puts it on the first taper and leads to inconsistant idling and limited effect of the air screw.

The N3xx needles you've ordered will be a jump in the right direction of improved fuelling, but I don't think they'll be what you are looking for. They have a nice smooth pull off idle, but where they change taper aligns with where the bike comes on the pipe. Basically you'll get a strong smooth torquey pull off idle, but as it will have a rather abrupt mid range transition. Good for an aggressive rider, or a lugger, as long as you decide to either stay up in the revs, or down low. If you try to roll smoothly through the rev range it'll be hard to control and wear you out.

The Suzuki is a 3 taper and provides similar pull off the bottom, adds a bit more fuel through the mid to smooth the transition, and then pulls a nice over rev up top.

But your bike is still a 250 and will always have more hit than a 300. Its just the nature of the beast. They both make the same power up top, and the 300 makes more off the bottom, so naturally the ramp up is going to be more aggressive on the 250.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMAndy View Post
Brilliant write up Jakobi talk about knowing your stuff. I'm learning all the time. Love it. Thanks buddy.

I already have an n1ef on order but having spoken to a friend. He wasn't as articulate as you. But had a similar review of the needle. So now I'm looking for a n1eg. But I'll also check those ktm oem part numbers and update the site with my findings.
I'm a man of few words and cut streight to the shit lol
Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 AM

Lol I'd best order a suzuki needle =)

@Ktmandy
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 AM

After a trip to see Chris *Digs* I put a c3k (that would be the CEK thanks Chris!) needle in. Bike was running brilliantly smoothest I've ever known it. Quite surprising that a needle could make that much difference compared jetting mapping switches or anything I've done.

Then my new stator fell out of its mounting and ground into the fly wheel meaning I had a good hours pushing to get home!

All back together again. Wiring fixed on the stator and bolts in with thread lock. Too dark tonight but can't wait to try it again tomorrow =)

@Ktmandy

Last edited by KTMAndy; 11-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMAndy View Post
After a trip to see Chris *Digs* I put a c3k needle in. Bike was running brilliantly smoothest I've ever known it. Quite surprising that a needle could make that much difference compared jetting mapping switches or anything I've done.

Then my new stator fell out of its mounting and ground into the fly wheel meaning I had a good hours pushing to get home!

All back together again. Wiring fixed on the stator and bolts in with thread lock. Too dark tonight but can't wait to try it again tomorrow =)
That will be a CEK needle lol